Anxiety or MS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I keep posting i know but im doing my own head in.

Ive seen 3 docs now who all say anxiety but I'm not so sure.

My symptoms are:

Burning in upper arm, achey upper arms, left foot tingles but why only one foot? Pain across chest but ive had ECG and i worry its an MS hug, tip of tongue feels weird, keep getting dizzy and feel like this weird sensation comes over me and i cant concentrate properly like im not with it, eyes go weird like i have to rub them but ive had an eye test all fine, yesterday i went to pick up a glass and it felt so heavy. Also sometimes the slightest touch on my arms and legs hurt.

I think to myself surely anxiety couldnt cause all this? Then i think surely MS wouldnt cause so much in 1 go?

Driving myself nuts :-(

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I agree with you about how all your symptoms can't just be anxiety - there's a lot on board to contend with.

Maybe a stress test could evaluate it further and rule out certain conditions like angina pectoris.  Really hope you can get the right diagnosis especially after seeing three doctors.  Sometimes they casually throw things out and don't realize there may be more at stake to investigate.

Don't drive yourself nuts and hope you feel better and somehow get to the reason why all of this is happening.

• Posted

You could look into ME or MS to see if that is why your symptoms are happening in that way. But I would get an assessment from a GP.

Richard

• Posted

I have a lot of these symptoms too. Looking for answers as well. Got to just keep after doctors until someone takes an interest. I finally found one, I believe, a neurologist. Had blood drawn today, and having MRI on Friday for  some of the symptoms. Good luck and done give up!
  • Posted

Sadly, yes, anxiety can do this to you and more.  You can see your GP and get as many tests as you like, peace of mind will help you sort it out, and begin to concentrate on getting  better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.