anxiety or not?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Every time I walk into a shop/ supermarket, I feel faint. I start feeling hit and unsteady and as though I'm going to faint. I have to leave immediately and I rarely go out now because of it rolleyes

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Weeasy, what your experiencing is anxiety

The only way to over come it is to face it and not "run away", I had the same but I accepted that I woukd feel anxiety and did the shopping anyway and now I have no problems just memories.

• Posted

hi weeasy I am of your age and I have the same fear that u have ie the fear of fainting I know its difficult to live with that constant thought of fainting .its OK don't restrict yourself because of it even though u feel anxious go out just say to yourself that u will run home if your anxiety triggers it helped me I didn't actually came home when my anxiety triggered I just made sure that I am free to do anything.As u r a student u might feel not to go to college but do go anxiety won't vanish but it will reduce it helped me going to CLG for 8 hrs a day the more u restrict yourself ur anxiety will increase as u can't avoid everything in life all the best I hope my suggestions work
  • Posted

I went thru the same thing.. I started wearing sunglasses in the store. It helped a lot. Take small steps. Make a list of what you need or are looking for go directly to those items and check out.. The more you go the easier it gets.. Xxx
  • Posted

Hi Weeasy it sounds like you are experiencing social phobia. I know what you are going through. Had this myself a few years ago. I felt sick and as if I would faint in any setting where I was out in public. I know you feel like staying at home but you have to try to persevere and keep to a normal routine. You will not faint. You will not be sick. These feelings are caused by anxiety. Things will get better. If you feel you cannot deal with this alone go to your GP. Try to get referred for cognitive behavioural therapy. It really helps with anxiety disorders. Much better than taking lots of medication. Good luck. Stay strong. You are never alone.
  • Posted

Aspinan is right you need to face the fear. Set baby step targets and build it up slowly. I have some great books on anxiety that have really improved things for me. 
  • Posted

Agiraohobia a.k.a sociial anxiety is setting in. You are best off facing it full on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.