Anxiety or out of love?

Posted , 7 users are following.

. About 4 weeks ago i was at home, totally happy and in love then BAM- a doubt about my feelings (for my boyfriend) went into my head and i couldn't stop thinking about it. I very suddenly felt sick and depersonalised (out of body/thirdperson/spacey). Since then i've felt really weird. Last week I was crying and depressed about the strange way i suddenly felt. I was still able to get some comfort from my boyfriend but now, i've gone all numb and everything feels weird. It feels like my boyfriend is a stranger but i know that I still love him, i just can't emotionally connect with him. I still want to see him all the time and kiss him and be near him but it just feels so strange. It feels like i'm looking at someone i don't know even though i know everything about him. Everything was going perfectly and there had been nothing to make me question my feelings, I was so happy before and I just want to go back to that person. Am I just not in love or is this anxiety?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think it's deffo anxiety , come from some stress that you must have suffered before.

have you both argued? have you been under stress recently?

• Posted

Depression sounds likely to me . Have you had a build up of small negative thoughts lately. They may of build up in to what you have now
  • Posted

Have you had questions about trusting him lately or something? Cheating, lying, anything? If not id say just a rough patch of anxiety.. Do something special together. Even just watch a movie, order dinner, and lay down and talk.. A little communication can really open those lines back up
  • Posted

Hi

I was the exact same as you I was feeling the same maybe worth a try having a look at a web page called conscious transition really good to read and explains a lot x

• Posted

I had these feelings for about 3 weeks also. Anxiety hit me but I wasn't sure what it was at the time, I could help but think this feeling in my stomach was a 'gut feeling' that my 6 month marriage was over even though I knew I was in love. I was fixated on this, when I spoke someone they said you are catastrophsizing, that was my worst case scenario & I was immediately assuming the gut feeling was linked to the end of my relationship because it was in a different relationship years previous. They told me to rake off my 'gloomy goggles' & start looking at things more positively. I'd of have feelings in my stomach before for good times but I wasn't able to connect with those memories. I was advised to use distraction techniques & to address any negative thoughts that made me anxious. Since this advise my anxiety has lessened, I haven't had an anxiety attack for a week & it feels I'm back in my body. I had numbness, felt emotionless & spaced out. I'd say it is all anxiety, book in with GP or ring a mental health helpline. Be positive & say I can get help, this anxiety won't be here forever, keep a strong support network around you & when your brain resets you will have more insight & feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.