Anxiety or peri menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 38, i take the combined pill, i have been having several issues over the past year, gut related (gastroenterologist says ibs), health anxiety, worrying about every little niggle, waking up early, pains in body, headaches, a friend suggested it could be peri menopause, my mum went through menopause at 47.

ive been trying meditation, i lift weights, on my feet all do so active.

Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I would say that I started some peri symptoms at around your age. So could be peri or could be anxiety, they share so many symptoms that sometimes it's hard to know. But I have certainly have had some years of terrible health anxiety and now that my periods seem to have stopped completely a lot of my symptoms have magically disappeared.

• Edited

thank you 😃

its so confusing, many symptoms can be many things

• Edited

Reading your post was like reading about myself! Same symptoms, I'll be 43 soon. It is possible we are in the perimenopause. In my case, the symptoms get worse when I eat fast food or too many sweets (whenever I'm invited to a party or event). I have a lot of issues lately that can be caused by hormonal changes, for instance I got my first migraines with aura, one of the scariest experiences of my life! Joint pain showed up as well, and it limits me a lot when I exercise.

I'm taking magnesium and iron supplements and I feel a bit better.

• Posted

thank you for your reply, i am waiting for a talking therapies appointment, i had bloods done, my white blood count was low but dr said its normal for me and no cause for concern. i already take a multi vitamin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.