Anxiety or something else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the last 2 months I've been having physical symptoms such as nausea, abdominal pain, bloating, stomach gurgling, stomach flutters/pulsating/ twitching, heartburn, chest pain, muscle twitches , skin and muscle hypersensitivity, being startled easy. I went to my doctor who couldn't find anything wrong so she just said it was anxiety. However, when this started I didn't feel very anxious at all maybe just slightly stressed. Is it possible that I just exacerbated the stress by worrying about my symptoms too much or could there be an underlying cause of my symptoms. Has anyone had anything similar to this? Please help cuz my worrying about this is just getting worse. Thank you!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Sara.

Yes the symptoms you describe are all classic signs of "anxiety" , i know as i suffer from those symptoms on a regular basis.

If you visit your GP / Doctor they can help and will make you an appointment with the Well Being service and you can also be referred to a counsellor.

It is not easy to make the first step to get help but it is worth doing and you are not alone with this problem.

• Posted

I had the same thing for 2 months, started off with the dizzy unbalanced feeling like I was walking on a boat, then like you I googled it and convinced myself I had a brain tumor or MS, well everything got worse then, I was so ill, weight loss, no energy or apitite, buzzing and vibrations in my head and awful trmors all the time inside my body, terrible beely aches especially in the morning etc etc, i had never had anything like it before and like you didnt think i was anxious when it all started but I think by google convincing me I was going to die, the worry caused all those horrible physical symptoms , it wasnt until I got told it was most likely anxiety and started reading up on the physical symptoms that anxiety can cause and reading similar stories on here , that I finally beleived it and all the symptoms started to go away, my appetite came back, the weight came back on, the tremors stopped, my bowel returned to pretty much normal and my energy came back. I still get the vibrating thing in my head in the early hours of the morning and a bit dizzy at times but I am so much better. If you feel you have to go on google then google physical symptoms caused by anxiety, you will be amazed what it can do. good luck, Im sure you will get better soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.