Anxiety or something serious?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have suffered from anxiety for 18 months, mostly about my health. The first problem was a lump feeling in my thoat which lead to taking citalopram.

Recently I've started getting tinnitus mostly in my left ear. My head feels kind of blocked and I keep going dizzy not falling over but it's like my head doesn't feel right.

For the last few days I've been worrying and googling all sorts. I'm worried it might be something serious. Also get pain in my left eye and top teeth.

Can anybody help?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am having the SAME exact symptoms, except for my teeth. Ringing in my left ear and all. I am scheduled for an MRI and hearing test to see if it's my inner ear. Doctor told me labyrinthitis but the ENT said no. Do you get muffled hearing in the left ear at all?
    • Posted

Yeah my hearing has changed a bit it's like my ears need to pop, but then some sounds go right through me like my ears are extra sensitive. I thought it may be my jaw TMJ so thinking of seeing the dentist. I'm really worried thinking its a Tumor or something the ringing isn't that bad but I'm focussing on it so it's getting worse. Racing heart and sinking feeling in my stomach for days.
    • Posted

I've been exactly like this for months and have had 2 cat scans both came back good. So did my ekg, eeg, and blood work. I don't think it's a tumor. It's either inner ear or just anxiety and I'm trying to accept the fact that it could indeed be just anxiety. How's your nights? Do you feel more anxious and dizzy when the sun goes down?
    • Posted

No mine is just as bad wherever time of day. I usually wake up feeling ok but then everything creeps back in. My GP thought I had migraines before when I had a numb face. I do get headaches but the pain will go with paracetamol. Got a neurology referral in June, but got to go on holiday before that so anxious about that too.
  • Posted

Hi Amy, scary as it seems they could all symptoms of anxiety! I have experience all of the above x
  • Posted

Hi lockerby & Amy, just wanted to join in as I'm suffering from weird dizzy sensation as well,however, I dont have any sounds in ear, hearing perfect.  Was sent to stroke clinic as a precaution.  Doc there did tests and bloods (no blood results back as yet) but my own GP said the doc I seen wrote a letter to him and told me she thinks this is anxiety based.

I'm struggling to believe that anxiety can cause this.  I've had many symptoms caused by anxiety over the years but this takes the biscuit.

My sister is bothered with severe migraines (as am I but not as often as her) after years of struggle a neurologist has told her she may have complex migraine.....vistigeneous it's called I think.

Let me know what you think

• Posted

Migraines are nasty buggers for sure, my nurologist things I might have the start of them and told me to start taking an anti seizure med to prevent them.. I will not take that though. I have all the symptoms and then some that they say could just be anxiety, like...

dizziness

eye floaters

blurred vision

lack of motivation

headaches

pressure in my head

depersonalization

plus so much more... it's a very, very, scary ordeal.

• Posted

It's utterly terrifying and insane that we can have all these symptoms yet nothing shows in tests!
    • Posted

Is it dizzy spells you have or chronic dizzy sensation most of the day.  I'm struggling because it's there most of the time, some days worse than others.  Don't know how I'm managing to go to my p/t job.

Anxiety defo makes it worse, I've had a good cry this morning because I started to convince myself I'm left like this for life.

My sister was also prescribed ant seizure drug - topiramate, she said it cleared her dizziness up but had to stop taking as it gave her very low mood

Let me know what you think

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.