anxiety or stopping smoking ? or both lol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Me again lol I'm still tired after 5 / 6 days with out smoking I just tired all the time not energy at all I had to stop using my patches today coz of it I don't know if this is my anxiety playing up or non smoking I'm getting worried about nicotine overdose now but i can't be  overdosing patches are only 21mg and the spray is 1mg I so so need help I don't know what to do feel like crap

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

No you can't overdose on patches as they are sustained release, giving up smoking is the same as giving up anything addictive, it causes anxiety as you "crave" for a cig and the thoughts that go with it.

5/6 days of not smoking is really good and having little or no energy is the anxiety side and the lack of stimulants the cigs gave you so probably both.

stick with it Paul and as an ex smoker myself I've never looked back and after the first week-10 days I'd started to improve and found each day easier. 

• Posted

Thank you I still think it's the spray that's making me tired I have had patches before and they was okay . And this my anxiety I never really deal tired I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this 
  • Posted

Hiya Paul, your doing great, well done, I have 2 say though I stopped smoking about a year ago and had no problems until I stopped the e cigs and went onto the spray, maybe it was just coincidence but when I started on it thats when my anxiety got a whole lot worse, like you in the past I had used patches with no problems really, hang on in there your doing fantastic but maybe try stopping the spray and see how it goes, take care smile xx
    • Posted

Yeah I was thinking that and keep using the patches the low chance symptoms are anxiety and tiredness I'm going to stop using them and put a fresh patch on tomorrow lol me thinking u can overdose on patches lmao
    • Posted

Lol, its amazing what actually goes through our heads at timessmile xx
  • Posted

Hi Paul you doing great keep up the good job I also ex-smoker and will say my life anxiety was all over the place for first 3 weeks but keep with it go to no smoking nurse I found she helped me through x
    • Posted

Thank you and I get help from a nurse to , I think ones I start to have messed up dreams I will consider taking them off before bed but I have had some cool dreams with them on best ever lol 
    • Posted

Lol I remember them oh and then the bad wind starts haha 😆 thanks Paul I laughing thinking about it x
    • Posted

Haha any time. When I don't wear my patches I don't remember my dreams but last night I did wear my patch and I won £160 on a scratch card lmao

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.