Anxiety or Tumour?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've almost always stressed over something medical related. So when my headache started a few days ago I instantly thought about brain tumors. I've been under a lot of stress because of recent events so I convinced myself it was just because of that. However, the headache hasn't eased in the slightest and it feels different from my previous ones. I looked up online and now I've got the idea that it's definitely a brain tumor. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow but I can't stop obsessing over the idea. I feel so scared and I just don't know what to do. 

My symptoms are:

- Constant pain (throbbing) on the left side of my head.

- My eyes are sore.

- I'm sleeping more than usual.

- I have a twitch in my right thumb. 

- My eyes are a little all over the place but nothing too serious yet. 

I'm sure there's more. I'm sorry for posting so much, I just can't stop worrying. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm convinced I'm going to die, and even that makes me feel stupid. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this site is aimed at all of us who are looking for support and advice, so posting here seems like a good fit for you.

Firstly, it sounds very much like a stress related collection of symptoms, while it's clearly not possible for anyone here to give definitive diagnoses, it seems most likely to be a psychosomatic problem.

I think that you might benefit from some kind of cognitive behavioural therapy, to provide you with coping mechanisms, for when your mind goes straight to very bleak thoughts.

• Posted

Totally agree with Wendy. You should see your GP. Write down your symptoms as we tend to forget them all once we get to the doc.

Feel well soon and try not to panic.

• Posted

Please do not stress after going online there are alot of people with these symptoms i stressed at first and yes go to the doctors to illimanate any serious courses quite a few people went for mri scans and shown nothing stress and anxiety is a horrible illness try meditatating it helps stay clear of stressful situations found mine gets worse when i have dairy products i am trying ginko at the the minute try treat my blood flow my daughter is medicaly trained seems to think i might have a blockage so hopefly treating this might help aspirin is also good seems to have calmed down bit mine is worse when i sleep on my back and put pressure on my neck do not be fobbed off by your doctor you have patient rights to being refered after i did when my daughter attended an apointment with me and insisted on a referal with her medical knowledge and knowing what my rights are to being given checks to avoid any unessecary illness i have an apointment for a scan like you just anxious but sure its something that can be sorted i will let you know what they find if anything but better to check sort problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.