Anxiety or what?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sooo I’ve been having symptoms of a heart attacks for about 4 weeks now. I would get sharp pains in the center and left side of my chest, even fuzziness. I get sharp pains down both arms but mainly in the arm. Sometime the pain in my chest is a clenching feelings, it gets really tense. The pain even creeps up my neck in my lower jaw. Sometimes a even a stabbing sensation in my heart it’s weird but all of these symptoms last for a minute or less, or if I’m doing track or playing basketball but they all go away shortly after excertion. I’ve been to the hospital at least 6 times and Had most of these symptoms like hard to breathe, chest and arm pain. I’ve had a bunch of EKG, blood test, and chest X-rays. All of these test said I had absolutely nothing wrong. I kept having them and went back they ordered an ultra sound on my way. They said they couldn’t find anything wrong, everything was good! But I still experience all of these symptoms everyday thinking my life could end at any moment. Could it be heart related, or like a blood clot or clogged artery. They said they tested for clots and they couldn’t find none! They said it was anxiety but I have physical pain and they aren’t severe pains either. I’m a 17 year old male, I’m super active I play a bunch of basketball, I do track. I eat somewhat healthy but I have been eating a bunch of fast food lately. If I had a heart problem would I even be able to do all of this active stuff bc that’s when your heart is working it’s hardest! Some say it could be a pinched nerve, my neck and back start to hurt and then I have this pain go down into my tricep area and my pinky and ring finger get numb, so I don’t know. Please tell me what’s wrong with me! 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm 17 male and going through the same thing mate. I'm lightheaded 24/7 and these chest pains and arm pains just kill me. My doctor too said it was anxiety but im still not convinced lol. How does it feel in the morning when you wake up?

• Posted

I should clear something up. You CAN have a heart problem and STILL play sports. However, it seems they did a battery of tests and didn't find anything, which is good (very good). Let me ask you this? Did they do blood work and I assume you did the treadmill thingy (I forgot what they call it but they hook a bunch of wires up to your chest and then you run on a treadmill)? Also, do you have any allergies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.