Anxiety over bleeding after passing stool

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having major anxiety over bleeding after bowel movement. I have had a over active bowel since peri menopause and now in menopause it has settled down but over the years sometimes just a little bright red blood on toilet paper but six weeks ago I was freaked out when I went for a early morning www and passed wind finding blood spurted on back of toilet seat. Husband said properly a fissure and so I was fine for six weeks no blood then went on a trip for a few days and sick with the flu taking panadol and out of toilet routine when I came back home I relaxed and passed a large stool and had blood all over my bottom. It has freaked me out and I need a good doctor that understands my health anxiety. It's not that painful though but now I am too scared to do a bowel movement. Jane

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Holding your stool will only make it worse. Talk your doctor and take it from there.
  • Posted

Hi jane47249

I myself have had that quite freaquently and it most likely hemorrhoids. Sometimes after a bm it would actually drip out. I went to the dr and it was a hemoroid.I was rubber banded and I have been good so far. That was months ago. If you think you have any constipation drink plenty of water and find a food that helps the flow. Mine is spinach. Lol. And when I have the opposite of constipation that can totally cause flare up too.I would get it checked so you have piece of mind.

• Posted

Thanks Donna

That makes me feel much better the rational side of my brain acknowledges the obvious but my anxiety sometimes takes over

• Posted

You need to go to a doctor to determine if is a is a fissure or hemorrhoids.

In my case it was a perianal abcess. A boil near my crack, my doctor suggested a stool softener and a senna pill. Both are over the counter pills. Since I don't drink alot of wate due to dialysis treatments, a stool softener was not enough. A combination of both of these prevents hard stools.

It is only a suggestion, but a doctor should be able to tell you what you have and are experiencing.

Good luck in your quest in finding exactly what you have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.