Anxiety over ovarian cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

am a 27 year old mother of 2. Recently i desided to practice what i preach as a case manager in which i got a pcp. I thought im young and healthy so why worry. At my first pcp appointment in years i had blood work done. The blood work destroyed my life. I webmd and googled all my results and symptoms. It said pancreatic cancer. I was told i had elevated liver enzyme alt which stressed me out so bad that i lost my appitite and started feeling physically sick to where i ended up going to the er. The er did an upper abdominal scan which came back normal. Well then i slowly started feeling better until i had some left side cramping though i was not on my period or ovulation. I was on antibiotics though. Ive had low back pain for a while and i have always peed alot. I once again got on webmd and convinced myself that i have ovarian cancer because i have all the symptoms listed on google. I have lost my appitite onve again in which i went to the er again. They did a pelvic exam and said they did not feel any enlarged ovarie. My urine had traces of keytones and small trace of white vlood cells but no infection.My period also changed in the last few months. My period used to be heavy but are now lighter. I told the doctor but she was not too concerned. Im having a pelvic ultrasound on tuesday but it seems so far away

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Take a deep breath. So nerve recking to go thru the web and try to figure out if anything is wrong. It is definitely not a good idea to self diagnose. Try to be objective and let the doctors do the tests and make conclusions. It is common for a woman to have different kinds of cycles throughout life. Best of luck!
  • Posted

Try to take a deep breath, I know looking it up on line is the absolute worst thing to do because it just goes by a list of symptoms and that is not how a diagnosis is made. Elevated liver enzymes happen for a bunch of different reasons (mine were up 2 months ago then back to normal this month). Looking on line always gives the worst case scenario, there could be a variety of reasons you have your results and symptoms. I speak from experience as I am guilty of doing the same thing, I'll have my Dr tell me I am fine, I don't have whatever disease I think it is then I go home and look it up and I panic again. Im trying not to do that, It will all be ok!

• Posted

I am guilty of looking up what my test results could mean and when i do it always says cancer then i look at thise physical symptoms and they are the same as mine. Right now im terrified of the possibilities of ovarian cancer. Ive pretty much lost my appitite when i try to eat i feel like im going to be sick

• Posted

Sometimes our interpretation of the physical symptoms aren't really aligned with what the internet describes as symptomatic of a disease. You are young and healthy I'm sure, and again we can't interpret blood tests, that's up to the doc. I read into something on my abdominal ct scan the other day, created all kinds of stress for myself over nothing. The finding was common and normal for someone who had surgery like I had. Easier said than done but try not to allow fear to win.

• Posted

I stressed myself out too when i read my right upper ultrasound it said it could not see the tail of my pancreas. I googled like crazy until my mom showed me her result of her scan which said the same thing about her pancreas. She also showed me her blood and urine test in which i scared myself for having leuk in my pee with no infection and my mom had the same so we are in this together. I am trying to get my appitite back by telling myself i am not that bad off.
    • Posted

I also looked at my hcg test and had a panic attack yesterday so i messaged my doctor asking for clarification because the test said negetive but there is a lot number of 70074 in which i thought were hcg levels that could be cancer. The doctor probably thinks im crazy but they were nice and informed me very quickly the lot number is the number on the box that the test came in. I felt dumb.
  • Posted

My lab won't release results until a week after they are done to the patient giving the Dr time to go over them because we really don't understand how to interpret them. Levels change and as women especially our bodies go through many different cycles, i am almost 50 and I know mine has changed alot over the years for many reasons! I know tues seems far off but it's not, try to relax and have faith that your drs will give you a good report, you have no reason to believe otherwise. Definitely try to eat!

• Posted

I woke up in pain again this morning which was so bad i went to the er. They did a transvaginal and abdominal ultrasound which they were nice enough to give me the results. It looks like i hsve 2 cysts one on my left ovary and one on my fallopian tube which the doctor told be both were filled with fluid and assured me that cancer masses are solid not fluid. Is it true that cancer is not fluid? Has anyone ever been missed diagnosed with fluid filled cysts instead of cancer?
    • Posted

I also had the ca125 test it came back to 23. Im till peeing alot having low back pain and i feel hungry but afraid to eat for fear of being sick. Could this be health anxiety causing this. I read the stories of women having ovarian cancer and they keep saying to trust your body. Im afraid of my body.
  • Posted

I too am petrified of ovarian cancer, I have had chronic pain in my left hand side in the ovary area, have a blood test for Wednesday, but totally fearing the worst. I too googled the symptoms 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.