Anxiety over prolonged spotting and heavy period !hello

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello me again I'm so sorry my anxiety levels are through the roof again !! Can you reassure me please if anyone has had this sort of spotting and period.i was due on March 2nd for a few months before it's been 3 days here or there,well I got my period and abruptly it stopped but led into spotting till March 14th where a very heavy period begun I felt like I was flooding on Sunday.its been 7 days of bright red period yesterday was a lot lighter but still red.i had a scan last Tuesday the day I started This heavy month and scan lady said my womb lining was 15mm thick but was obviously shedding now.and still is. could the weird spotting instead of coming on properly 2 weeks before have made my lining thick and now it's all coming away ? Has anyone suffered this type of period anxiety is getting the better of me thanks Michelle xx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, the anxiety is the worst isn't it? I know with perimenopause, your periods are going to be wacky and that is the more tolerable part. But the anxiety can be so nasty. I just started my cycle and the anxiety went through the roof! I woke up shaking and trembling, nervous for no reason. Its horrendous at times. Ive been using magnesium, calcium and Bach rescue remedy to battle it. It takes the edge off, but its just one of the worst peri symptoms. I also just started Rhodiola Rosea for the anxiety and nasty depression that comes with it. Hang in there, it seems to be all a part of the process to menopause.
    • Posted

Hi

I am suffering with the anxiety and panic at the moment. Up all night with horrid symptoms. I have been lying on settee all morning and my body is all nervous and tingling and when I try to relax a bit I get this feeling of being frightened.

• Posted

Thats exactly how I would feel. Im so sorry you are going through this as well. The fear is one symptom that would ramp up my anxiety. I suggest trying the magnesium glycinate and calcium at bedtime. If you wake, try 2 sprays of the Bach rescue remedy. I also take 100mg magnesium glycinate on waking if the anxiety is rearing its head. Hugs to you, I know firsthand how awful this is and this forum and the ladies on here have been so helpful and comforting to me in my times of need.
    • Posted

Does the magnesium work if you wake in the night ?

I wish all of us ladies lived near each other ,we could meet up and moan to each other.

• Posted

I wish we lived closer as well. If anybody is in Las Vegas, I would love to meet at a coffee shop to offer any support for one another. As for the magnesium, I dont know if it stopped my multiple awakenings or that resolved on its own, but I sleep through the night and awake at 4:30am everyday now. Its supposed to help with the anxiety and help you fall asleep. I take 200 milligrams at bedtime and if I wake with anxiety, I pop another hundred milligrams with my Rhodiola and Bach Rescue remedy upon waking. I also take calcium morning and evening as well. Oh and 2 500 iu's of Vitamin D3. Forgot about that, its super important to use with magnesium.
    • Posted

Yes this is how I am feeling but for a few weeks now it's horrendous !!!has anyone had periods like. Mine please too as it's frightening me x
    • Posted

Have you suffered period problems like mine anybody? I get all the anxiety but please anyone have awful periods too ? Xxx
    • Posted

It seems like every period the anxiety is right there along with it. Also I get the depression and shortness of breath sad
    • Posted

Oh my God my anxiety is the worst. Doctor prescribed Ativan but I heard it's addictive. Just so scared of nothing sometimes. Tired of this hellrolleyes.
    • Posted

What about your periods are they different this is why I'm anxious so much as periods all over place spotting heavy light all different anyone else have this? X
    • Posted

Michellestar,

All over the place. Sometimes 2 periods a month and went from clockwork 28 day cycles to who knows when it will be. Sometimes 21-25days. They are less crampy though, I cant complain on that. Sometimes spotting days before, and usually lighter. But the darn anxiety and depression now comes with it.

• Posted

Thank you.this is my first never ending one two weeks of spotting then heavy for 8 days now.i think as they're all up and down the womb lining may thicken on these types of periods x
  • Posted

Hi I have been exactly the same for last few days missed a family meal on saturday because of anxiety and last couple of days have been awful I too take rescue remedy and does help a little have heard of Rhodiola can you tell me if its a stimulant becasue I can't take anything that is thanks xx
    • Posted

Donna, I believe Rhodiola is a stimulant. However, you may want to look into Ashwaghanda instead. I take that at bedtime and use the Rhodiola in the morning upon waking. I've just started them, and according to the reviews on Amazon, I need to give it some time to work, but hoping for the good results I read about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.