anxiety (palpitations)

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it normal to have palpitations when you have anxiety they happen just randomly even when am sat on the toilet my heart races are  ways on  how to stop them from happening or to stop them all together there annoying and I want them to stop they scare me I have nothing wrong with my heart iv had many ECGs all were fine 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

thats natural paul ive the same. as im typing i have a pain all down my left arm tingling feeling on my fingers trying to ignore it as if i concertrate too much on it ill go into a panic going doing hypnosis on wednesday hope it works for me ive tryed everthing else
    • Posted

I have got a bit of pain lefts side of chest im 20 so I dont think I could have hear attack just yet iv had blood test blood pressure all came back ok  will you let me know how you get on 
  • Posted

Hi Paul

I've had palpitations for about 3 years now and I can say they have got better. Either that or I've noticed them a lot less.

Like you I have palpitations and they come at all different times no matter what Im doing.

As it was my heart I instantly panicked and as a result I has countless ecgs, 72hour tape and an echo of my heart. All came back fine apart from showing a fast heart, tachycardia. However my consultant was very nice and explained in detail that having a fast heart isn't dangerous and it will return to normal.

Having this reassurance along with some CBT therapy I have now learnt to live with it and not fear as much.

I admit I am probably one of the worlds worse worrier so for me to tell you things will get better and not to worry, I hope that's some comfort x

• Posted

Thank you for that it has put my worries at ease for now lol I have therapy tomorrow so hopefully it will get resolved and I want to learn how to control it easy iv seen a few helpful tips on internet carnt say what 1ns tho lol this site wont let me but there is some good advise on them hopefully I will be better and get back to my normal self happy outgoing funny I want to join back up in army but not till this us sorted 
    • Posted

Hi Titch22

I had two Vertigo Drops in JUne and this was followed by Panic Attacks. Been to A& E thrice and ECG are all OK.

Was prescribed Prozac for the anxiety  which I had to discontinue due to severe reactions after only 10 days. It was a Nightmare 10 days. I have also been referred for CBT and will be seeing the counsellor next week. The Palptations have continued. Even when I am lying down and calm, the palpitations do not stop. Thanks for sharing your views. We just have to live with them. Have a lovely evening.

Thanks,,,,,,Kleto

• Posted

This may sound funny, but one thing that helps is playing my tin whistle. It forces me to concentrate on my breathing and also trying to play the right notes makes me think about something else. Another thing that helps me is ta,king a big deep breath in and then breathing it out with about four stops in between holding my breath. Somethings if I've eaten something heavy or whatever that upsets my digestion I get palpitations. Antacids help then or sucking an icecube. However what works for one may not work for another. Doctors should always check people with palpitations too , most times esp if you are young they are nothing to worry about but doctors should check them out before assuming. You are very young, most likely stress. Try meditation too, I always recommend that. x
  • Posted

Yes it is normal. Try to accept it, accept that you have anxiety disorder and all of the symptoms are just because your anxiety acting up. Analize it, don't run away or fight it because if you do it will trigger more adrenalin being pump to your body and that would make you more uncomfortable then the cycle begin. Just accept it and analize it you will realize that it just anxiety and nothing to worry about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.