anxiety panic attack new symtoms help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone sorry I've been posting alot lately but I'm extremely scared and depressed over these panic attacks they are uncontrollable I feel like.. the other night I woke up with heat running thru my body, shaking, high blood pressure, dizziness like I'm gonna faint.. I need to call the ambulance because these are physical symtoms I've never experienced before with my panic disorder and it was extremely scary.. doctors did all tests for neurological tests.. everything came back on.. I just don't understand where it came from I was sleeping and woke up out of a dead sleep from this.. after this happened 3 times.. I'm feeling horrible.. I'm on klonopin to keep things under control until my upped dose of lexapro wings kicks in.. it's been almost 3 weeks.. how long does this medicine take to kick in.. has anyone else had these symtoms fro. A panic attack or should I be worried it's some thing else physically wrong with me.. please help!! I need some support.. I'm really depressed I'll have to live like this for the rest of my life.. thank u

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've woke up like that a few times. It's no fun, whatsoever. Just know, that you're not alone. As I have experienced, your anxiety can get worse over time. Keep reminding yourself that you're only having an anxiety attack & that you're not in any danger. I hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

So glad to hear from you .. I'm so scared.. I really thought something was terribly wrong I've had panic attacks since I was 15 I'm now 35.. I thought I was a pro at it by now but I got hit with something new.. thank u for your support it means sooooo much to me..
    • Posted

It's no problem! I hate going through anxiety alone. I don't think anyone likes being alone when they're having it. Honestly, I'm only 18, & I only started getting severe anxiety a few months ago. I've always had anxiety symptoms, like heart palpiations, sweaty palms, trouble breathing & chest pains, & rarely, a "lump-feeling" in my throat that made it hard to swallow even my own spit... Anyways, I've been experiencing these symptoms during my anxiety attacks: head pressure (sometimes accompanied with a headache), chest pains, heart palpitations, shakiness/weakness throughout my body, blurred vision, facial flushing, & a hot/cold feeling (I was often sweating during that).  
    • Posted

Oh, & obviously, here & there, I had trouble swallowing.
    • Posted

Yeah definitely have experienced all of that.. I just wish it would end.. it's no way to live in panic all the time.. it's tiring n depressing.. I hate being alone expecially when I'm having an anxiety attack..it's so scary.. are u on any medication like antidepressants or anything
    • Posted

It definitely is scary. It makes you really begin to hate your life. When I was in 99% panic everyday for 3 day's straight, I felt like I was going CRAZY! I'm currently (temporarily), on Atarax. I'm supposed to be following up with my therapist to find something else. Though Atarax is good, it is only meant to help with anxiety temporarily. 
    • Posted

Definitely feeling like I'm going crazy!!! It sucks I just want it to stop.. I never heard of atarax.. I'm on lexapro. I just upped the dose to 20mgs for just about 3 weeks.. im Having alot of ups n downs. One week I'm great the next I'm in the hole.. I hear it could take up to 3 to 4 months to get to its full potential ughhh.. sucks u have to wait that long..
    • Posted

To be honest, if it doesn't work within 2-3 month's, I would ask about switching to something else. smile
  • Posted

Lexapro can take up to 2 weeks to start working, And 6-8 months to feel the FULL effects, doesn't mean it is not working. Possiblly your doctor could up your klonopin if you've been taking it for a long time.  You could have possibly leveled off on klonopin to where it is not having its effects on anxiety?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.