Anxiety panic attack stress nervous

Posted , 5 users are following.

How well do mirtazapine help with my symptoms I have been taken it for one week a half a pill now it's time for me to take a whole pill and I just started having dreams I just want to get back to being who I am a fun person in a good mood

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different, Mirtzapine was great 12 years ago for me with ocd and depression.

Took for 7 years then came off because i felt good, this year i have had a bad episode of both once more and Mirtzapine didnt work. I had the dreams first time around but not this time. Give it time to work though.

• Posted

interested in  your history.  I had depresssn 20 years ago. Mirtazapine pulled me out and lived med free till 2014 when it recurred. Mirtaz has not worked is time, nor some others.

what did you find to help second time?

• Posted

Its good to hear i am not the only one it didnt work for. I feel like i have wasted 3 months, although I understand why the doctors opted for Mirtaz once more for me, as it worked so well first time around. I was actually giving starting to believe my ocd thoughts i was so low and depressed. Exactly 4 weeks ago i saw my psychiatrist and he opted for me to stay on 15mg of mirtaz for now for sleep purposes but also zoloft 50mg to start rising to 100mg over next few weeks. I feel scared to say it but my mood has started to lift.
    • Posted

Ok cool I will give it a try hopefully it works out thanks a lot
    • Posted

Yes, my psych added zoloft but i couldnt tolerate it. Nausea and anxiety hit roof. Stopped it
    • Posted

Did you not have increased nausea and anxiety when zoloft was introduced?  If so, lucky you.  You will,get better.  I am still trying out others and havent found the right one yet.
    • Posted

Oh yes i had, nausea, sweating and increased anxiety for the first week, then it eased up a little 2nd week. All starts again when dose is increased.
    • Posted

Can i ask Ann what your signs were the mirtzapine was not working 2nd time around? Might sound a silly question for me it was not as effective with sleep, no consistent change in mood and no effect on anxiety. The only thing i got same as last time was weight gain.
    • Posted

I got more anxiety, no mood lift but slept a little better, not as well as first time.  Yes two stone gain.  Been on it two years as all changes have failed

when dr tried to change it i only tolerated zoloft for three weeks due to the bad anxiety etc.  Maybe i should have given it more time. I was and still am taking diazepam for anxiety.

i am really sad mirtaz hasnt done it for me as it was so good before.  Maybe i wasnt so ill, who knows.

• Posted

Hi Booby, My experience as well as many on this forum is that mirtazapine is not very effective for symptoms of anxiety. However, it is always better to let time pass and if you find that it's not working for you discuss this with your Doctor. One week is not enough time to make this decision as it can take a month or more to realize the full benefit of the medication.

• Posted

Thanks a lot I will take your advice and continue to use it
    • Posted

How are you managing with it now?  Do you feel any better?  I am still between slowly stopping but dont know what else to try

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.