Anxiety/panic attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 17years old I have had anxiety like for a year and it's the worst experience of my life i feel like I'm going to die any time it hurts the worst I feel a lot of pressure in my chest I fell like my heart is going to stop HELP OR ANY ADVICE PLEASE

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Kimberly, yes I know how you feel many of us anxiety sufferers have been through this or is going through this currently, but what I had to learn with this symptom is that as long you can take a deep breath and not feel nonpainits not a heart attacks , symptoms or a heart attacks have to come together , if your having chest discomfort that can mean a lot of things , you could have gas , indigestion , acid reflux, and anxiety !!, But to be on the safe side have your doctor check you out get a EKG to rule.out anything serious
    • Posted

Hi Kimberley, Ive had depression for 16 years been manageable with meds,held down a job and kept a roof over my head.

In December last year, I started getting tingleing all over body sore limbs nausea dizziness tight heavy feeling accross my chest and a tight throat,stomach cramps and pain below my ribcage and back.

I immediatly thought I was dying I live alone no family near by it was terrifying,I went to a and e twice thinking something was seriously wrong was at my doctors twice a week,they did every test possible, everything came back clear.

Then anxiety was suggested,it goes hand in hand with depression apparently,but in my 16 years of depression ,Ive had the odd little panic attack but never anxiety. In the 4 months Ive had it Ive had to quit work cause I cant function, I know that there is nothing wrong with me and Im not going to die , but that does not help when having attack.

The anxiety is now seriously affecting my depression  cause most of the time I dont want to get out of bed and when I do get out of bed I just sit around the house scared to go out incase I collapse in the street.

Its a nasty cruel illness that plays tricks on us I hate it,but I am determined its not going to take over my life Im trying very hard to fight it.

Stay Strongbiggrin

• Posted

Heart palpitations are sign of anxiety. Pleae don't heed to negative thoughts.

Try deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation techniques (search on youtube) to calm your mind down.

Please ask your parents to consult a doctor as therapy will help you overcome therapy.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.