Anxiety / panic attacks about when we die

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi 

my anxiety starts from the minute i wake up to the moment i fall asleep. Its been on and off for a few years but the last few months its constant. I have real bad thoughts of when we die and it being FOREVER , sOUNDS SO STUPID WHEN I WRITE it . I hate it and its always on my mind. I HAVE STARTED NOW GETTING PANICK ATTACKS where i can breath my body feels like fire and it last untill i eventually fall asleep. Ive started to drink every evening as this seems to make it go away and anable me to sleep but then its worse when i wake up. Im so tired, sick of it please someone help me and give me some advise PLEASE . I dont know how much more of it i can take 

xxxx

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm in exactly same position as you hun. Desperately looking for a way out of these attacks. I want to live but don't want to with these attacks. I'm trying so hard to find something that truly works xx
    • Posted

Well at least im not on my own .. i cant take it any more . Sorry that you have it too.. i just want someone to tell me they will stop :-( i cant live like this 
  • Posted

Be careful using alcohol better to see your gp and gets something that can help calm down the ocd thoughts and then the anxiety will calm down aswell. Not to sound preachy but maybe bring faith into your life. Maybe it will help you have less fear of the afterlife. You were there before you were born so i hardly believe its scary after. There are millions of stories about people dieing and coming back as well. I think its harder and scarier to be alive and anxiety ridden cause its robbing your life.
  • Posted

Hi i suffered with depression for many years and i suffered with panic attacks when i went outside.

i can tell you that it will improve with time and i think everyone as a fear of dying but try to tell your self its a natural part of life.

I believe that part of us lives on in our children as they are apart of us and i hope that you find the strength to get through your fear and be happy again

• Posted

Thanks for replying it means a lot ! If I went to the doctors do you think they could give me something to help ? Just want it to stop :-( I'm 22 and have a great job and fiancé that it's starting to put pressure on :-(
  • Posted

Absolutely the doctors can and will help you. You deserve a more comfortable life and drinking is a terrible idea in many levels. 
  • Posted

Hi Katie, 

It doesn't sound stupid. It seems a very logical fear to me. But if you are getting to the point where you have to drink every night in order to get to sleep you need to seek medical help hun.

Tell them about your panic attacks (and what they are about) and see what they suggest. If they do suggest medication it may be an idea to try it. Better that than starting a slippery slope into alcoholism. (I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but it's very easy to do if it becomes a coping strategy). 

Take care.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.