Anxiety Panic Attacks and Chest Pain and Scared of Driving.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Two weeks ago i was coimg to home driving car and my heart started poundung and felt like i am having heart attack and i stoped the car and managed to went to nearest shop they called me an ambulance and i was short of breath and shaking and on and on... Paramadis came and put the ecg machine and check blood pressure and it was ok thats waht they said and the they bring me ER and had blood test and chest X-Ray and Treaddmill Stress Test all seems to be ok and they sent me home....

Went to my GP he gave me Anxicalm 5MG 2 tabs as required and i took few tablets and then managed to stay away from them few days.

But i fell everyday Chest Pain specialy left side and sufocated and scared to drive and walk alone because when i was walking last time alone i feel like my heart is stoping and all the power is gone from my body.

I am always in fear and scared.

Now my GP put me on Citrol (Citalopram) 10mg one tab a day.

Any help advise i really need your help. 

Waiting for the magic words to cool down my Anxiety and Panic Attacks. 

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you new to anxiety?
    • Posted

Hi JP yes i am new to Anxiety and Panic Attacks this started two weeks ago and i am 36. I am on third day of Citalopram 10mg one tab a day and i have Anaxicalm (Diazepam) 5mg my Dr said only take Anxicalm if you really need it. I am trying to control my thoughts but its not helping i always try to distract my self TV or Internet or Phone call to friend and family.

People on this form are very help full like Sarah, MYC and Danni sharing and giving advise by heart. Much Respect for them.

• Posted

I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks also and it happens me when driving, its just awful, I feel your pain sad
    • Posted

Hi Ellebi, thanks for sharing we all here to share and help each other.... its been more then 2 weeks my panic attack and anxiety started i am taking meds now and trying hard to fight with this and i am sure we can fight this because our brain is playing games with us and we have to find out the way.... and never ever give up.........go for drive even small bit beat this beast ts only in our brain and i mean OUR BRAIN and we have to find the way to control this. God Bless You. 
  • Posted

Hi, new thing is happening to me since yesterday when ever i try to move around the house or do something i feel like my head is going to explode and pain and numbness on left arm and chest heart pain and beating is very difficult to like Suffocated and my legs like cold shower is going through my veins...... ????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.