Anxiety, panic attacks, symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, so I know about anxiety and stuff, because I recently got it bad. I also think I have certain diseases, because I have exact symptoms of them. Like now I have this sore red bump under my armpit, I am not sure if its a lymph node or not, and I have joint pain. I am just scared I have a serious disease, and small blisters on two of my fingers, idk why I feel like this

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi christopher ..

Sounds like UR in a rough moment. I'm glad u came here for help. There r many caring experienced people here . In some cases it's the not knowing the source of the blisters are from and what's the bump can be the driving force to fuel UR fear and anxiety higher..

UR ability to face UR fears by controlling and facing UR anxiety driven behaviors is key. Learning to Confront your fears and A good therapist and meds can give just the strength to push you thru this and move on.

Doctors have found that confronting your fears and desensitizing yourself is a good way to end your anxiety associated with fear of not knowing.  

If u r able to think through the irrational thoughts and impulses find resolution & face ur fears described then u will know that u must see a doctor to eliminate the unknown. Practice to confronting these issues & U will become desensitized to them to coping with the waiting with less anxiety.

• Posted

Hi, 

Have you seen your GP about your anxiety issues? If not, you should, they'll be able to provide advice and treatment. If you are worried about recent symptoms, perhaps talk to you GP about that at the same time, at least then they can reassure you. 

• Posted

Hello Sounds like you have health anxiety.  As suggested do see your gp and tell him/her exactly how you are feeling.  They can help.  Those on this forum are here to chat to you and provide support and encouragement but do see your gp.

Take care 

• Posted

Hello Christophur4,

Anxiety is real and it is frightening...even though it is playing tricks with your mind. We all have aches and pains and usually they are transient and harmless. In a few days that red bump (if you don't touch it a lot) and the blisters and joint pain will no doubt disappear. If they don't, by all means, have them checked out. But realise that there will be more bumps and aches and pains...just as we all have. My knee crunches and is a bit painful for some unknown reason and my shoulder hurts when I lift heavy objects.  I have a chronic heel injury from digging in the garden. We all have these aches and pains but the difference is. that most of us take ithem in stride and don't worry about them...and they eventually pass. Your anxiety is expressed in EXCESSIVE worry about your health. For others suffering from anxiety, it is expressed in other ways...as one poster recently wrote, about being burgled in the night to the point where she is unable to sleep. What are the chances of that happening? Very slight. And yet her mind is playing tricks on her and she is convinced that any noise IS an intruder. Her fear is real...but irrational.

My feeling is that the first step to coping with this expression of anxiety, is to acknowledge to yourself that the fear is irrational. It is out of proportion to the situation. 

I hope you are seeing someone to help you deal with these over-the-top anxieties about your health.  They might include anxiety reducing breathing techniques and an exercise program which you could start right away. Getting out in the bright light is especially beneficial. If you can walk in nature, all the better. Exercise reduces stress.

As our farmer great grandparents did, rising and going to bed 'with the sun' is very beneficial for one's mental stability. In the morning you want to brighten your environment as much as possible...even turning on the lights if your place is not flooded with early morning light. This lifts the mood according to scientific study. At night to encourage sleep inducing melatonin formation in the brain, you want to progressively lower the lights...and to avoid going on the computer. If you cannot get off the computer in the evening, you can get a free app that makes the computer 'light' more yellowish which does not block melatonin formation. I think that many people who are suffering from anxiety and depression prefer to be up in the night and sleep through the morning (perhaps to escape the pain of the real world?). I suspect and I am no expert, that going against one's circadian rhythm is counter productive to stable mental health.  

http://www.nigms.nih.gov/Education/Pages/Factsheet_CircadianRhythms.aspx

Take good care of your health, Chrstophur4. I hope that with exercise, keeping to your circadian rhythm, getting out of doors during the day, being with people, thinking of others and being less inwardly focussed, good nutrition and working with a good therapist, you will be able to control your anxiety levels so that you can enjoy life to the fullest. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.