anxiety/panic/ i need advice bad

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello i am new to this chat but honestly I dont even know where to turn some doctors thinks i am crazy and my family members say I am a hyprocrondiact i know thats not spelled right, but i am hoping some understands my concern is I had pneumonia for 1st time ever on 9/25/2015 here it is almost 1 month later i took all my meds and followed up with my primary care and she checked my lungs and my oxygen levels and said they were great better then a non smoker but since that day 9/25 i havent smoked a cig. at all i have to go for a follow up chest xray just to make sure it has cleared out of my right lung I am 37yrs old and my primary care doctor told me about 1yr ago i had anxeity and tried a few different medications but they dont make me feel right so i stop takng them but I am so nervous and scared and i dont know why all of asudden this is happening to me it started wednesday night right before bed then all day yesterday i felt like i had no energy i was scared like fear of being sick my biggest fear is something being wrong with me and i am so scared of that i cant take this all evening yesterday and lastnight I kepted breaking out in sweats but would get chills my heart would pound and race its terrible I pray so hard to god to heal me of my fears i just dont know what to do I need help my doctor wont prescribe like narcatiocs she dont beleive in that I just want it to stop and go away

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

And, I too have dealt with stress and anxiety for a week now. I worry all the time that something is wrong with me, that something is due finately going to happen and I am going to die. My eyes are distorted, my heart races 24/7, which leads to me worrying about worrying like it will cause me to have a heart attack. I understand its my bodies natural way if dreaming with these thouts, but I can't make myself believe it!!! My ears ring constantly and its like I have ai much pressure in my head which only adds to my worry!!! But remember you are NOT alone!!! I pray God heals you!!!
    • Posted

Thank you for replying to me I am greatful and it is a terrible way to have to live life i to will pray god heals you and helps you to deal with you anxiety better cause anyone dealing with these issue's my heart goes out to them completely because I know it is very scarey thank you I hope you are soon healed and itt makes your days easier god bless you..
    • Posted

Hi,

If you think medication may help you should definitely find a new psychiatrist and primary doctor if your current ones are not helping you and tell your new doctors how you're feeling! You definitely have symptoms of anxiety, and remember the medication can take 3-4 weeks to become effective.

• Posted

Give your body some time to recouperate. Pnemonia is a rough illness. Its happening because you are worn down from the illness and anti biotics its takes a few weeks for the body to recover even after your lungs healed. Drinks lots of water too dehydration is common being ill and on meds. The sweats are a part of the illness and its good it sweats it out but at the same time you loose fluids rapidly ehich explains some of your problem. Also quitting smoking has withdrawls. Your doc just might want your body to heal for a bit. Illness wears the body down and sometimes it just triggers anxiety as well. Im dealing with pulsitile tinnitus fromtmj from a stupid cold and i know it will heal and recover it has in the past but i get nervous and scared.discomfort, illness, pain suck. We all want to feel well and happy to enjoy our lives. Idk why people think health anxiety is a wanted thing it isnt.  No ine enjoys this kind of experience. Feel better remeber it does take a few weeks for the body to recover.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.