Anxiety/panic just started Prozac again

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Because of my severe panic and anxiety and bad episode happening again I am on medical leave from work. Also  I was Prozac for 6 years. Then got off it for and went on welburtin for 3 then got off that and now back on Prozac (which who even knows why I stopped it). But is it possible to have side effects again starting it again?? Cuz I feel some set backs. I remember I went through this the first time I did Prozac and it took the full 8 weeks but has anyone else experiences something similiae with switching and side effects??? Also my panic is bad and I could use support. Thank you. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Take heart hun this is sooo normal !! We've all been in your shoes and some still are, but if you read the postshere you will see that its normal at the start to have side effects,?! But they dimishish in time ??, hugs xxxx

• Posted

Thank you Pam. My strugglers are daily and even tho I have family and friends it can feel very lonely when your struggling all day. I appreciate your advice. X it’s good to know others get it. 
  • Posted

Hi Tina.. ow yes whether you’ve been on it b4 or not, you do get the side effects, so do once again bear with it, and as you already no it will calm down in time.. good luk, keep talking on here for support.. big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi dawn, 

Thank. You so much. As I told Pam it’s such a daily struggle to feel sane and even with friend and family I still feel lonely if they makes sense. My body is sensative  meds. When I was on Prozac the day it’s time it was ok but then the  doctor prescribed doxepin to slp woth my GI and to calm me down. Think I might have to do that again. 

• Posted

Hi Tina,

I quit and started again. Things do really get a bit worse before they get better. You'll be there before you know it. I had some diazepam and lorazepam of the doctor to get me through the first days but the Prozac stopped the adrenalin rushes within days. Up to day 11 was pretty miserable, then day 12 and I caught a brief glimpse of sunlight. The first time I had Prozac there were few side effects. This time I had loads so don't give up. Anxiety, Insomnia, Panic etc. But it just shows the Prozac is working. Don't change the dose and stick with it. Eat foods high in Tryptophan if you manage to eat anything at all.

• Posted

Thank you SATS. I appreciate it.  Last time i was on Prozac the doctor coupled it with doxepin. I think I might have to do it again,,, cuz I ease still a little anxious and not eating. That combo seemed to work but I gained 50lbs .  How long have you been on your current meds? 
    • Posted

I am on my 13th day. Today is horrible but it is just one day. Yesterday was best day in some ways but felt numb the whole day. It is just a waiting game I guess. It is such a roller coaster. But I am way better than day 0. Prozac has really interfered with the panic attacks, and the anxiety is now less. More just a "down in the dumps" feeling now.

Yeah it made me so hungry last time. I really regret quitting. Thing is you think you're cured and don't need it anymore smile

Insomnia is my worst side effect. Are you getting that?

• Posted

So glad to have helped Tina I know that awful feeling of feeling alone ,even with your loved ones which makes no sense at all!!!! But that will fade as you begin to feel better ! Like dawn mentioned a couple of weeks ago , we will still get a couple of dodgy days still , but the meds do help!!!! Hugs xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.