anxiety paralysis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

just asking if anyone has had anxiety paralysis where both of your arms go dead and heavy for about a minute and then they go ok? i had a call with my doctor and said all linked to my GAD i have had about 4 different occasions now just checking if anyone else had this

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I haven’t had that, but I have heard of people getting that with anxiety and stress. When I was young a girl, probably in her 20s had paralysis out of the blue. All tests were ran on her, and nothing seemed wrong. However, it was pointing towards severe stress and anxiety. What happens is that the body temporarily shut down to protect a person from stress overload. So there are people that this happens too. her paralysis did go away so she was fine. but she did get counseling for her self. To manage the stress.

• Posted

thanks Jan glad i am not the only one then, when it first happened i thought was having a stroke or something but doctor assured me all to do with anxiety, will just have to wait till it passes thanks again

• Edited

Hello

I haven't had this with my arms but I have had it with my legs. I can only describe it as being frozen for a few seconds. I've had agrophobia in the past and I definitely recall there being times when I genuinely couldn't move myself forward, it is so scary. Its almost like being frozen with fear when your body just feels top heavy. I hope you can find some peace, anxiety is a terrible thing that affects everything. I wish you well.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

thanks for the reply yes its awful yesterday i was cleaning the house and it came from no where and had to stop doing and just gave my self couple of minutes to go back to normal but thats what felt yesterday was frozen and then my muscle was twitching after it its awful hope you are ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.