Anxiety! Physical symptoms - head whoosh falling inside head feeling

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone. God I feel so annoying always posting on here with my problems. rolleyes 

My anxiety is just so bad. I've had a lot of stress these past 2 days, arguments, confrontation, worrying etc. And I just can't cope anymore. My chest is in agony again. Dr told me a few weeks ago it's muscular and due to anxiety. It got better over Xmas when I was enjoying myself but it's back now I'm stressed. I have so many physicsl symptoms it's just ridiculous and I'm kinda used to them although I think I'm having a stroke on a regular basis so I have a panic attack of 10 every single day. Theyre exhausting! What makes it worse is that for some reason I have become very aware recently that im falling asleep... It freaks me out. Like cos I'm so relaxed i panic because I can't move my legs because they're so relaxed but being relaxed or feeling relaxed is foreign to me now. 

Also another awful symotom I have got is as soon as I get close to falling asleep I get a weird rush / whoosh / falling feeling inside my head. Nowhere else. It's not the typical falling sensation where it's your whole body. It literally feels so horrible the feeling that my something inside my head is falling. It terrified me so I haven't slept tonight and  terrified to sleep sad

Someone please help me x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi sweetie, 

I can relate so much to everything you're saying. It's so scary. I'm sorry you have to suffer through this but know you're not alone. I used to get the brain surges right before I fell asleep too, I still get it sonetones. Sometimes I woke up on the middle of the night gasping for air and also felt weird in bed like it was moving but wasn't. I was terrified to sleep too. It's a horrible feeling, sleep should be peaceful but it's scary.i was. Even afraid to sleep in my own bed so I slept in the spare room next to my parents for a few weeks: I don't know how, but somehow I kinda got over it. I think In time you will too. I know lots of doctors say no tv before bed, but I have to watch tv before bed. I watch a lighthearted show before bed and always fall asleep with the tv on for distraction. Maybe try this out? I pick a channel I know nothing bad/scary will come on like Disney channel or Hallmark channel. Oh and in the beginning when I was terrified of sleep I slept with a stuffed animal or a couple. It helped a lot. I'm 22 and all the advice I gave sounds like im 10 🙊. Anyways, hang in there precious. If you need a chat private message me ( I don't know how to private message people on here, hope you do).  Get some rest! 

• Posted

I have been having the whooshing feelings in my head right as I am falling asleep lately...this was helpful to know. Thanks Whitney!

• Posted

Yes I have had this it feels like your mind is falling down a bottomless pit it's very scary happens to me when I close my eyes to go to sleep 
    • Posted

It's awful how do you cope with it? It still hasn't gone away and I am now experiencing like shooting pains in the head. They're only noticeable when I think about them or when I'm having a panic attack. So I know that they're anxiety related but they still make me panic because it creeps me out 
  • Posted

I have started getting this feeling every time I go to bed or just lay down, I have anxiety problems, I feel as if I'm falling down then going up then back down. Such a scary feeling
  • Posted

Hi anonymousgirl21, i hope you're ok, i know this posting is a year old.  I first began getting a lot of weird symptoms, similar to how you describe in 2011 (google spiritual awakening as i can tick off everything on there).  around about the time it first began, i was so stressed and going through a lot of change in my life.  Things had to change, for  my own good, I was ignoring this inner knowing and it took my health getting bad to make me stop, give up my toxic job and rethink my lifestyle.  Around this time I was also wondering about deeper things, such as the meaning of life.  I had become very philosophical, started doing yoga and meditation.  I was going through a shift in consciousiness; a spiritual awakening.  Four years later, the head whooshing has been happening for about 6 months, as my awakening is deepening.  That falling feeling inside the head is so freaky, yes for sure.  Try to calm yourself by touching your heart and breathing as you listen to your breath.  Even though I knew I had gone through weird sensations and experiences in 2011, I still got my brain checked out with blood tests, as my short term memory seems to have disappeared right now.  All tests came back clear.  I really feel deeply that a lot of people are also going through a spiritual awakening.  There are changes happening to people 'inside' to help cope with life on the outside.  The world is pretty chaotic right  now and this spiritual awakening is a re-alignment back to our planet, to nature.  We are all healing and it's a blessing to be experiencing this.  Ride the tide.  What helps is looking inside for reasons to be grateful, even if the whooshing is scary.  Also, i recommend you try mindfulness meditation or some breathing meditation and join a yoga class.  These all help to quieten the mind and de-stress.  Be in nature, as much as you can too.  I hope some, if not all of this, helps you or any others experiencing out of the ordinary symptoms.

x

• Posted

I totally relate to both Anonymous Girl's post and your response here. Your speaking of these strange sensations as symptomatic of a spiritual awakening resonates with me

Off and on for some time now at night I have been experiencing these strange dizzy-like sensations inside my head and some that start inside and go right up through the top.

• Posted

I've had anxiety for years but it starting being pretty bad around 18 years old I'm now 25 and I've tried to developp tools i.e arts, taking walks, talk therapy but sometimes my panic attacks get really bad...all that to say that I understand what you're going through if i may say. 

• Posted

I know this is an old post, but did you ever get an answer as to what this was??
  • Posted

Did you get any help? I am having whooshing feelings in my head when in first stages of falling asleep and I wonder if it is anxiety or stress related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.