Anxiety & poor coordination

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I am suffering from health anxiety and I think it's affecting my coordination. I am obsessively thinking about every movement I make and I think it's causing poor coordination. a couple of weeks ago, it was found that I have low testosterone which my doctor think was/is causing my muscle weakness but now I'm freaking out that I have a neurological disorder that I read about and I have started to develop every symptom you can imagine from muscle twitching to diarrhea. anyone else experience something similar? This is all I can think about and it's ruining my life.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I know how scary these things can be. I went through the same thing with the muscle weakness and thought I had something serious.

I had terrible muscle weakness, muscle twitching, ringing in my ears, floaters in my eyes, and several more. My testing was all normal and all of those sensations were due to long-term anxiety and stress. The muscle twitching is called benign fasciculations. Simply means it’s nothing serious. i’ve had those on and off for for years.

Basically muscle weakness is pretty common when a person has health anxiety. Your doctor told you that the low testosterone can cause the weakness.

One thing I highly advise is to stop reading up on all these serious conditions. You are putting negative thoughts into your head and when you do that you are telling your brain that something is wrong so then you get all these sensations. and then you worry about the sensations and it’s a vicious cycle! I know this from experience.

listen to your doctor and if you relax your mind and body on a regular basis those sensations should diminish. not sure what your doctor wants to do about the low testosterone.

listen to some relaxing meditations for anxiety and do some breathing exercises. Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy for nothing like I have done many times. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.