Anxiety/Possible Ovarian Cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 40 years old with regular menstrual cycles. Went for a routine pap smear, first time in 5 years....she said my uterus was enlarged. Set me up for a ultrasound. Girl that did the ultrasound ended up also doing a vagina ultrasound to find my missing ovary that was being hidden by a 10.3 cyst. I was told my cyst didn’t look suspicious but may have to be removed surgically. 5 days later they call me and want bloodwork just to be on the safe side. Got the call at work and was instantly sick. They did CA 125 & HE4 and came up with a Roma result. That is elevated by .3 putting me in high risk zone. She now has me set up with Gynaecology. All I can do is cry and have never been so scared. I worry for my kids bc they just lost their Dad two years ago to Leukemia. I guess I am wondering if anyone else’s Roma test was high and what the outcome was. Google is terrifying me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not sure about the ROMA test but the Ca125 test can be elevated for many reasons such as endometriosis.

Google is terrifying try stay away from it. If their initial thoughts were that it looked ok that’s a good sign. They’ll probably send you for a CT or MRI scan. My bloods were fine and they were telling me it looked suspicious. 

Good luck hope they hurry things a long for you x

• Posted

Blood levels can be elevated due to the cyst. I would not worry yet and try to stay off google.
  • Posted

Thank you both for talking to me. I can’t sleep or eat. Terrified is a understatement. I am hoping the Gynecologist thinks that is why my ROMA test was elevated.  
  • Posted

Hi I am sorry you are going through all this worry and it is causing you so much anxiety.

I was given a few good bits of advice when my team thought I had a high risk the the mass I had was malignant. Do something nice each day for yourself, little things a walk, coffee with a friend, a bath with candles, massage. Try and keep yourself busy clean cupboards I had a real de-clutter when I coudn't sleep!

I also used Yoga Nidra to help me relax for twenty mins - not for everyone i know but it helped me.

As the other replies have said CA125 can be raised for lots of other reasons so is not always a good indicator, did they give you a number for it?

Sending you positive vibes for a good outcome, you will have a plan soon and remember the odds are on your side xx

• Posted

I’m so sorry to hear about all you’ve been going through. I had a cyst four years ago that I had to get removed and the experience before the surgery was terrifying. I had a CA125 test done and although my results came back good, after I went to see the gynecologic oncologist (one of the best in the country) he told me he doesn’t recommend the CA125 at all. He says there are false elevated results all the time and all it causes is unnecessary worry. I wouldn’t stress at all over that test. I will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.