Anxiety prior to going to bed.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I just wondered if anyone had anxiety, fear of going to bed , falling asleep and what the possible causes of this may be and also how the individual coped with this?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, it helps u if u have a regular time for going to bed, fir example 11pm, u should see ur GP and get clomethoazole 192mg sleeping tablets as they work well for me.
    • Posted

Are you kidding me? Chlormethiazole, to give it its original name, was invented in the 1930s and was useful for giving by a drip, to alcoholics who might have a fit whilst coming off alcohol.

I see its name has changed at some point - but the fact remains that this is a last-resort medication as far as using it as a sleeping pill.

There are far safer, newer medications available. Nobody needs to be on chlormethiazole these days, unless they have a history of alcohol abuse, and are going to be monitored while it is administered.

It's dangerous in even slight overdosage.................I am totally amazed that your GP has given you this, Dawn. I wouldn't take it as it can cause severe sleep apnoea.

• Posted

Thanks, I didn't know, weak sleeping tablets do not work so I was put on Clomethiazole 192mg sleeping tablets as if I don't get sufficient sleep, I can have tiny blackouts followed by myoclonicjerks at anytime so the tablets help me when I need them but however I do wake up from time to time gasping for breath.

• Posted

Doctors never prescibe sleepers these days i get zopiclone as ive been on sleepers for many years.
    • Posted

You're right, Nathan, it's something they are not encouraged to do, except to people who have been on them ages, like you.

You do get the occasional doctor who prescribes about ten mild sleeping pills now b ut usually they ssay NO. And quite right too as all sleeping pills from the benzo and z group are very addictive.

Chrissie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.