Anxiety Question

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm somewhat new to the whole anxiety world. When people have anxiety does it affect them when the anxiety hits and then they feel back to normal when the anxiety lowers or goes away? Or are people permanently not feeling themselves physically?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi.I have had anxiety 40 years ! It comes and hangs about for different lengths of time from hours to days to weeks. It always goes and I am normal happy me even happier really as I don't have the symptoms x
    • Posted

Yes you feel Normal.in every way. But it can come back It feels bit like a split personality as it changes you when your going through anxious spell. You just got to try control it so it can't control you.But yes you do have normal time
    • Posted

I would recommend learning to accept that we have anxiety.  Fighting anxiety makes it worse.  Meditation teaches us to have feelings and thought, acknowledge that we have them, and learning to accept them.  Mindfullness can have some of the same. 
  • Posted

hello

​anxiety effects in different ways, however what I will say which to some may sound off key,if everyone has a bout of anxiety, then  I'm glad I have experienced anxiety, it was awe full and horrendous for almost 10 months, but while I had it I researched it and got an understanding of it and learned how to try and control it, so when it flares up I'm ready for it, for those experiencing it for the first time then I prey for you all,but you will get  thou it.

• Posted

So you felt normal after the anxiety attacks or anxiety in general subsided and got less and less?
    • Posted

The anxiety lessens after the attack and gradually reduces.It can disappear all together for spells and then show itself again.It comes and goes on a daily basis.Not nice !It comes fir no reason. I wake with it. I question everything.Oh dear eh.
    • Posted

But you feel normal after the spell is done correct?
    • Posted

I think "manage" is more acceptable term than control.   Acceptance is key! Once we accept what we have, and quit fighting it, then we will find true peace!
  • Posted

Eventually you go back to normal yes but it can come back and go and come back again!! I've had it twice in 4 years.. this one is debilitating! What are your symptoms?
    • Posted

I just have this weird pressure type feeling in my head. It's not really a headache and I just don't feel myself...
  • Posted

Everyone is different. It depends on what disorders you have. Gad is always there. You get a new normal. I have dealt with  this about 27 years and find it waxes and wanes. It could be terrible few weeks then its gone for months. With me ailments set it off. I have some issues that arent good and at times get really scared. If i feel good im good and i feel normal at those times. I do think back to when i was young and would happily drift off to sleep and wake up all refreshed and happy at times. I miss that so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.