Anxiety question

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi girls.......quick question...when my anxiety comes, it comes in bouts. there are some days I don't have any (maybe 2 days a week that I don't). Anyway, when the anxiety comes, I also get this very scary feeling of loneliness. its horrible...I get so scared to go home from work for fear of being alone. I constantly think about my life when my kids will be moved out and I will be alone. its HORRIBLE. Anyone experience this by chance?? Is this depression too?

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jill,  I am a “what if” type of person.  Some of us just worry more than others and we are vulnerable right now in this stage of our lives.   What I think ... anxiety is worrying about the future and trying to control it.  and depression can be dwelling on the past unable to change it.  🤔

• Posted

Yes ! I’m going through that right now . I’m alone recently divorced no kids and sometimes I find myself just driving around ... it never bothered me before never felt lonely but now .... boy like a big black cloud .
    • Posted

ugh..its awful, isn't it? I never knew anxiety could be this way. the fear of being alone is so consuming for me sometimes. I wonder if Prozac will help with this.........

• Posted

Many women takes ad’s to get through this and I say whatever works take it! For me however it was awful getting on them tried twice and literally felt ill weird .... too many side effects . 
  • Posted

Jill, I take Lexapro, never taken an AD before all this perimenopause business.  It has helped me with my worries and the crying fits.  Gotta do what ya’ gotta do!  😉

• Posted

I believe this is a part of how depression effects us.  I had been having a few good days and then today even though my energy is better, I’ve still had this lurking feeling  in the background that something isn’t right.  Like I should be worrying about something.  I’ve been a worrier since I was a kid unfortunately.  I have no idea why. I don’t feel loneliness, but I don’t like being alone much these days.  Don’t know how I am going to handle it when my last child leaves the nest.    But, yes mine comes in bouts as well
  • Posted

I have this too! I am afraid to go home and be alone. I'm scared! Its weird. Ive been like this for awhile though and it started to get better and then bam! Hello perimenopause. Now its wayyy worse. 

• Posted

No I’m not. I tried to take Lexapro for it and while it did help for a bit, it actually ended up making my OCD worse! I had to ween off of it over the course of two years. It was terrible. I’ll never get on another AD again. 
  • Posted

Hi Jill

I love that you started your post with "quick question'.....   smile

Is any of this quick?

I feel scardy cat each morning and periodically througout the day. I fear for many things. I dont even know why, my rational mind tell me" why in the heck would you worry about any of this??" I cant help it either.

My boys left for a week to see their father awhile back, and it was dreadful, i think i became worse because of it.

I can say that depression and anxiety are closely , very closely related. One is running on adrenaline and irrational fears, the other isnt running because there is no interest or motivation or joy in anything.

With either of the two, we are not happy. You cant eat or feel calm or happy with yourself or others when you are either of these things.

Stay here on the forum and you will find support. 

x0x0x0

• Posted

THANK YOU, Mauiblue....this forum has been my biggest comfort. The anxiety is so debilitating for me. I sit for hours with thoughts racing through my head of being afraid of being alone. Anxiety makes me feel SO lonely. Hearing from all you girls makes me feel better.❤️
    • Posted

We all do ... you’re not alone . It’s like all our wires have been crossed suddenly and the messages are not getting through 
    • Posted

Yes! Me too! And especially if I’m at work (around people) and just the thought of having to leave to head home will have my head spinning for hours. And sometimes I hang around “getting extra time” at work, waiting for my husband to get home before me. 
    • Posted

I agree! It’s so odd! Like a week before my period in so snippy and emotional and feel alone (Havent properly grieved the loss of my mom), and then I start and then as I’m in on like day 3-4, PMS starts all over again, but this one is worse (think depression, fears of self harm, obsessive thinking, intrusive thoughts) and I’m like whoa. Lol I get five good days a month! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.