anxiety raises BP a lot ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

so my BP is always usually normal... 2 days ago I had like 117 / 72 / 69...

and its usually normally within that range whenever i test it at home..

I had an Endoscopy done about a week ago and they were monitoring my BP the whole time the procedure was done and it was normal...

yesterday morning i got really stressed out over something, maybe a mini panic attack.. then for some reason i decided to take my blood pressure and it was high... like 139 / 87 / 112 pulse......

then i went out for like 2 hours and figured it would calm down.. then I tried it again after i came home.. and was still around the same range.. does it take the body a while to really calm down after a stressful situation?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Your bp is quite normal ,always take it when you feel calm , if your anxious it will go up .

• Posted

its a bit better today.. systolic between 120 - 139... diastolic is normal 80 or under.. but my pulse is still over 100.. like 107 - 115... its usually always like 80 or under.... is that stress ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.