Anxiety, right flank pain, discomfort when sitting, panic attacks for no reason?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, i've been feeling pretty weird for about 15 days now, and I want to share a bit of backstory to help you understand better

6 or 7 years ago, I felt a huge discomfort around my abdominal belt, so much that almost had to sleep standing up because it was the most confortable position for me, I went to a doctor and he shoved his hand in my lower stomach so hard I screamed in pain, he said it was appendicitis even though the pain was coming from him and him only, and he rushed me to the hospital. After a day of stress they announce me that i'm fine and that I just have to take some medication because there was a problem with my nose for some reason.

Because of that experience, any small tingling sensation in my stomach puts me in a state of anxiety, my heart rushed, i feel heat around my head, I want to throw up and I have diarrhea, which are common symptoms for appendicitis, so i end up in a vicious circle.

I've been suffering from anxiety and depression for a while now, and i'm pretty inactive at the moment, I'm a lot on my computer but ever since too weeks i've been feeling stomach discomfort for sitting too long, which triggered my anxiety through the roof and messed up my digestive system, going from constipation to diarrhea every few days, I also suffer from lower back pain.

After a night of drinking yesterday, I'm now left with anxiety and hangover, and an annoying discomfort in my right flank area, parallel to my arm under my ribs, which doesn't help my anxiety.

I have an appointement Tuesday but i'm terrified because i have to wait two days and I can't really take it anymore, I'm afraid i might have something serious and I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

1. Only 3%of worries in our head arw truth..chance that something serious are going on with you is very small...

Maybe tey positive thinking and stop trying to process every feeling and pain you have...

You will be ok and nothing will be in your way i am sure....

Positive thinking is the key..!!

• Posted

It could be IBS if your pain moves about.  Keep seeing your doctor and don’t panic.
  • Posted

There is such a thing as chronic appendicitis, as opposed to acute appendicitis.  Apparently it can cause symptoms for years.  It's an infection.

• Posted

fatty liver sometimes cause this kind of discomfort after alcohol 

and ultrasound can show that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.