Anxiety ruining my life!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I would say I have suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember however its only started being an issue for the past 4 years, i have been able to deal with it until now. For some reason it has become disabling the last few months, I think part of it could do with the fact I've been feeling more insecure about putting on weight. Anyway my attaks started getting more often and increasingly bad, it has now got to the point that 24/7 I am on edge thee is not a moment whee I don't feel like i'm panicky or ill or like i am dying, i feel like im going to lose control of my body/mind at any moment, I cannot even explain it. It is making doing normal things very hard in fear that it will get worse and become a full on panic attack. i also am suffering very badly with feeling disconnected and like I am outside of my body, the brain fogginess is getting so badsad the constant anxiety leads to constant paranoia and depression and insecurities and not only is it affecting work and social but also my relationship which means so much to me. none of that probably makes sense im not really able to describe it but thats the best i can.. help!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jess

I just wanted to say hi. I am feeling exaclty the same I have no cure or help but wanted to let you know I have seen your post as will many others. And people help out greatly here. Just wanted you to know your not alone, hang in there and together I'm sure we will all help on another xxx

• Posted

I really appreciate you reaching out to let me know i'm not alone it can be so hard to remember that sometimes. i really hope you're able to get better, if you ever need any support feel free to message xxx

• Posted

What does your doctor say, Jess? It sounds like classic enxiety, so I assume you have been diagnosed?
    • Posted

Yes I am diagnosed, been on meds on numerous occasions. I told them I didnt want meds this time so they just keep handing me nhs cards
  • Posted

I also feel the same way. My anxiety got much worse after I put on weight. When I am eating right and exercising my anxiety isnt nearly as bad. But I can't pull myself together enough to focus on losing weight. I am having a hard time. I always think I am dying. I have kids to take care of. You are not alone.....

• Posted

It can be difficult to deal with anxiety when you have insecurites making it worsesad i always have less anxiety when I am being healthy but most of the time my anxiety makes me feel so low i lose motivation to be able to exercise or be healthy, endless cycle!! hope you're feeling okay x

• Posted

Hey Jess, 

I just want to say that I've suffered from anxiety for a while now, albeit it has not been as severe as yours but I do understand what you're feeling. 

You aren't alone and people are going to love you and care for you and stand by you no matter how you dress or what your physical apperance is so please please please (and I cannot stress this enough) do not fret yourself over apperance because there is nothing to worry about (:

It's hard to regain control of your thoughts and body in the midst of a panic attack but you need to remember to take big deep breaths and try to relax yourself with whatever it may be (I would always use a funny TV show to distract myself) and make sure you drink water - it's saved me so many times! 

You also have to remember that everything takes time to progress but you'll get there, just take it one step at a time. 

Try and find a friend, family member or significant other to talk to your issues out with because I know that getting my feelings off my chest makes me feel better almost instantaneously (:

I really do hope that you'll get better and I only hope for the best in your future xx

• Posted

thank you so much for going otu of your way to say these kind words to me, i really appreciate it. i really am trying to be happy with myself, because my low self confidence is something else that gets in the way of my relationship, 

thank you so mcuh fro your advice, i really hope you are feeling good and betgter you should feel very good about yourself helping other people, its really kind of you. 

xxxx

• Posted

You have described it perfectly. I have been there done that. Oh so awful.When this first happened to me years ago, they didn't have these amazing meds, and I suffered. I couldn't eat,sleep, focus, or swallow. Walked around in a haze. Some years later,I went to my doctor bawling,and quite hysterical. I totally lost it. She put me on meds and within  maybe 2 weeks I was a new person. I got my life back. Through the years, I have changed meds a few times, but  I am doing great, and I never want to feel like that again. Anxiety is a nasty bugger,and will make you nuts,cause you cannot control it, and it goes on and on. It will make you home bound. Please call your family doc, and I promise you will be back on track in no time.cool

• Posted

Ah yes i understand the feeling of walking around it a haze perfectly rolleyes ive been on meds before and then werent great for me, maybe i just havent found the right one for me yet?

glad to hear you got your life back from this crappy illness, hope ypu're still doing good x

• Posted

There has to be a starting point. If after some weeks your not feeling right, then they will try another one. Don't give up on them. This also sounds like  a recurring thing for you. I know that I will be on meds for the rest of my life, and I am so ok with that, because I can't think about how bad I felt, so if you find a med that works for you, and makes you feel normal, then stay on it. Good luck!!!!

• Posted

Anxiety, has already ruined my life, and what you have said makes perfect sense...I am housebound with it, I just hate my life,and dont know how to change it...I understand what your going through, stay in touch.. xxx
    • Posted

you can change it and it will get better and even though i havent expereinced it getting better i know for a fact it will for both of us, just have to find a way to make it better for you, message me whenever you need xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.