anxiety ruining my life how can I get better!

Posted , 4 users are following.

My anxiety is ruining my life. I wake up every morning with overwhelming feelings of guilt about everything from mistakes I've made in my relationship to how I don't spend enough quality time with my children to how my animals arnt getting enough input. I'm a full time student at university and it's affecting my studies I can't concentrate I'm always on edge. It affects my relationships with everyone. I pick the skin of my lips till they bleed and I don't no I'm doing it I just find myself doing it. The symptoms are terribly worse if I drink alcohol so now I've decided I can't anymore as I just spend the day after crying and thinking how bad I am. I never feel good about myself the anxiety has taken over my life. I've decided to try and remove some of the stress in my life by cutting down on how many animals I've got but now I have the guilt of selling them. I can't handle this anymore. I'm on 25mg sertraline daily it doesn't help. I don't want a higher dose as it makes me feel like I'm on drugs. I have no self control I constantly feel rubbish about my self Ive almost ruined my relationship and I can't connect to my children because I'm always worrying about everything. I'm so unhappy I really can't live  like this for the rest of my life. I just want to be able to feel normal I've been like this for years and years since a teen and it's got worse gradually till now at 31 I'm a mess and everything and everyone is suffering.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You sound like me sweetheart I've suffered myself and it didn't really fully come out until I had my daughter I take 40 mg of celexa a day and usually I am fine but over the past few months I have been super stressed with work and buying a new house that I crashed I still take the celexa but the doctor put me on buspar 7.5 x 3 a day i have been on it for three weeks and I am having some good moments but the morn
    • Posted

Mornings are the worst it usually takes me all day to feel partially normal the buspar has to build in your system and it doesn't help that I have anxiety about taking the meds or anxiety about having anxiety and I'm not a get up an go person I'm a sitter and dweller. I grew up with an alcoholic father who has the same problem but he covered it with beer. I have alot of guilt from my past and it only rears its ugly head during the anxiety. I self punish myself a lot and forgiving myself and letting go is totally not an option near impossible. I guess what I'm trying to say is your not alone I Also go to counseling to talk which help . You're not alone at all and if you need to talk I'm here anytime. I don't know if you have Facebook or not but I'm on there as Jennifer Wilson McGee from Virginia 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I'm so anxious about taking medication hoe ironic I'd that! What are the good moments like? 
    • Posted

I'm exactly the same worse in a morning and it lasts all day too,  sometimes I struggle to get to sleep. Feel like I'm going insane.  Just want to be able to sit and play with my children without thinking what else I should be doing, what I've done in the past, what I've nor done for so long etc etc it's a minefield. 
  • Posted

Meet your brother. Moms in hospice and I have guilty feeling about not spending enough time. I cant leave the house if I dont take ativan. Only have 1 mil but it makes me 50% 2 mgs bring me to 70% but then I run out. I guilty feeling about everything minor and major stuff. Have to not dwell on them. Do you get physical symptoms like tension in your whole body like it feels electrified. I cant make decisions abot what do do with my day so I do nothing. Im trying to stay off the bed
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I can't make decisions easily at all either, I feel guilt about everything. Sometimes I just can't even be bothered to get ready and go out because I'm that overwhelmed by it all I just think screw it.
  • Posted

Thought I was alone. Does anyohave physical symptoms like chronic tension in their bodies and head? 24/7? It is debillitating
    • Posted

Yes, I get headaches everyday, tension headaches, I get palpitations and a whole host of physical problems all brought on by the stress and anxiety it's horrible nearly everything I go to doctors with it caused by it. I feel shattered all the time as my mind is racing, have lumps on my head,  hardly get periods and have ibs. All caused by this
  • Posted

I'm always tense in my body, always fidgeting 
  • Posted

Definately avoid alcohol. Sounds like you have chronic anxiety like me or GAD. Alcohol on anxiety is petrol on a bonfire. I am limiting my posts and won't comment on sertraline as I posted on SSRIs in other posts and people were reporting me. Aspinall and someother person. Reporting abusive or not nice people is ok but.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.