Anxiety rush in head anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm on 7.5 from 10 for about 4-5 weeks now, I'm not exactly sure. I was doing ok, not great but ok, until I got the flu and pneumonua jabs over a week ago and for whatever reason, my anxiety has increased since. A couple of times lately, happens in the early hours of the morning, I am awake already when I get this surge of anxiety in the top of my head and I feel agitated and feel like I'm going to lose control. It passes with controlled breathing and distraction. I'm not sleeping so good either. Can anyone relate? Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lina I felt the same the first few weeks on the meds. I used to wake up through the night with high anxiety. I wasn't sleeping well either. These feelings have passed now and I'm now getting their. Stick with meds it just takes time to work.

• Posted

Thanks Paul

It can only get better, I keep trying to remind myself of this☺

• Posted

It's like a pressure feeling at the top of the head like it's going to develop into a bad headache and the more I dwell on it the more my anxiety seems to build up from there and it makes me feel agitated like anxiety is taking over and I start to panic that I am not able to control it. It's quite recent for me and the only thing I've done different is having the flu and pneumonia jabs. It does pass but I'm not getting enough sleep either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.