Anxiety since childhood is getting progressively worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had anxiety ever since I was 6. This is the first time i remember having a panic attack. It first started out as separation anxiety with my younger sister, then moved to my mom which is something I still worry about. Throughout the years I experienced many episodes of different phobias, 90% health related. I was always scared that I was dying, convinced something was wrong with me. My anxiety got so crippiling I was put on the highest dose of Zoloft and smaller dose of abilify. This actually helped a lot, for two years it was as if my anxiety *almost* vanished. Then it came back worse than ever. I started having sexual relations with people which led me to believe i had contracted an STD. I was stupid and young and admit my faults, and in which i did contract herpes. This is very embarrassing for me and have never shared this before. After this whole scandal I started college, and was for the most part was doing fine, until my junior year, which was this week past year. 

I started feeling numbness in my left eye. You know when the dentist numbs you up and you kind of bite your tongue just to make  sure it’s still there? I felt like I had to do this with my eye, but by rolling it constantly. This numbness has now transferred to my left jaw/neck. I frequently have to tilt my head in the opposite direction, almost stretching my neck to try to make it feel even with the right side. This has gotten so bad to the point that I have veins that weren’t so present before popping out on that side. 

This has no transferred into my whole left side of my body. Yesterday I had one of the worst panic attacks of my life, I was asssired that I was dying. My heart rate was at 134, if i leaned back and tried to sleep all i could feel is the left side of my body feeling numb. Woke up this morning still feeling that way, even worse, with severe ear and jaw pain. What scares me the most is if I have MS, HIV, or some type of cancer. I am going to the doctor today. 

Another note- i also have sleep apnea due to enlarged tonsils and deviated septum. I have been putting off surgery due the fact that they put you to sleep.

Right now my fears are that i have something terrible.  I have had severe anxiety since i  can remember. I just want to feel on again, and not have this feeling of impending  doom on my shoulders

thank you all 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Body numbness from anxiety is totally normal. You are putting your body through a lot of stress by constantly worrying something is wrong. When I have bad anxiety or s panic attack my legs go numb and tingle so do my fingers and sometimes if it’s really bad my arms also go numb and tingle. I also get back pain and a bunch of other symptoms. I’m not a doctor but you might have health anxiety which can literally be  debilitating and you fear you have a serious disease that you don’t know about or that your doctor didn’t notice it common things people think they have with health anxiety are cancer, ms, als, diabetes and others. I hope I helped good luck at your doctors appointment I’m sure everything will be fine!
  • Posted

"Another note- i also have sleep apnea due to enlarged tonsils and deviated septum. I have been putting off surgery due the fact that they put you to sleep. "

I also have a problem with the septum and almonds and sleep apnea. Do not postpone surgery because sleep apnea is very dangerous. The body's hypoxia and this affects your mood and health, you can also have neurosis. Narkozy, you do not have to be scared - I've undergone 11 operations under anesthesia and I'm fine. you just fall asleep ....

• Posted

all the side effects of benzodiazepines and anti depressants. Thankfully drs are becoming enlightened about rx such toxins,
  • Posted

I have same problem but because the jerks put me on benzodiapines and a bunch of different anti psychotics and anti depressants on top of 10 mg of valium, xanax, atavan, and klopin yes at the same time and off cold turkey last one was zyprexa and now i feel like crap, no meds which i probably didn't need in the first place.  i thank a  certain man for putting me on my first anti depressant and anti psychotic saying it was for change of life and sleep.  also he put me on norco, skelxan, meloxacam, and a bunch of meds including and not limited to blood pressure and thyroid he is a sick human being, now i can't even go out of house, sleep and go to bathroom anll i do is move around constantly, smoke and eat, be very careful and nobody will help and i am paranoid and think everyone is afer me or want to hurt me and i don't trust doctors   on top of everything else therer is heart disease, diabetes and stoke in family,  not suppose to be on antipsychotics  yes they knew it but try to go after them,  ha!!!  rather have my mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.