Anxiety/Sleep/ etc

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

​I hope every one is ok, weather does not help I know.

​Tuesday I sweated buckets after a walk, thinning hair plastered to face, not a pretty sight.

I wanted to post because I don't think I have mentioned a herbal tea that has really helped me: Lime Flowers, wonderful tea and really helps with sleep.  I noted Tuesday after starting again on my tea how calm and relaxed I felt.  The anxious twitching/pacing up and done and generally feeling stir crazy.

​Lime flower tea is a wonderful, I discovered it last year in 2014 and find that I can take it for around 6 months at a time. 

I quote from a website:

"Internally – Lime flower has both tranquilizing and stimulating qualities. It is used to relieve headaches, indigestion, diarrhea and hysteria. This herb was once thought to be so effective at treating epilepsy that a person could be cured by sitting beneath the tree. Herbal tea is taken to ease insomnia, relieve tension and anxiety, to calm children who are excitable or restless, and to reduce muscle tension. It is also a pleasant tasting remedy for menstrual cramps, colic and cramping. Due to the bioflavonoids in lime flower and its relaxing qualities, this herb is good for lowering high blood pressure and easing arteriosclerosis, along with treating palpitations and coronary heart disease. Benefits of taking this herbal remedy include reducing fever, especially in children, and it can help congestion of blocked nasal passages".

​You can take a tincture also, I feel IMHO that is is slightly better than lemon balm, slghtly gentler action.

​I just wanted to post this because I feel infinetly better today, I feel calmer, not so nervous..and able to type a post.

​I hope this helps..

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. You mention you can only take for 6 months at a time. Is there a reason for this? Thanks for sharing your find ☺
    • Posted

Hi Froggy,

​I usually find that with any herbal tea a break is often a good thing for a few months.  I found if I took it for longer than 6 months, possibly did not help so much, but then that's me, and I was only consuming 1 tea bag before bedtime.  It really is a personal thing.

​I mentioned this tea because I feel it's really helpful, worth trying.smile

• Posted

Thank you. I'm 40 in medical menopause and trying to survive work and two kids on average of 3 hrs sleep a night. Anything that can help that's not sleeping tablets (I don't want them) is worth a go for me!
    • Posted

Hi, Gosh I really do feel for you, work, kids on top of all else.  Generally speaking progesterone can make all the difference, but truthfully I have little knowledge re. menopause at this stage of your life.  I am sorry, 40 is such a young age to go through this.  I know what you mean when you say 3 hours, it can be nights of just poor quality sleep.

​Although lime flowers is useful, lemon balm can be a brilliant herb for aiding sleep/cognitive  function, it is brilliant.  I think that the tea, maybe a starting point.  Lemon balm is a herb that is sometimes used to normalise thyroid function, however the tincture can be quite strong, and I am wary of the use of tinctures.  The tea can be helpful, but why not give lime flowers a try, I think it may just help you throughout the day too, help you feel less stressed at trying to juggle work and child care. 

​I hope this helps you.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the tip. I will definitely try it. Bless you.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, This these forums are excellent and will help you, at least you know you're not on your own, a problem shared etc.  I know it's a bit of a miserable time, totally agree, hopefully things will settle down for all of us, possibly a little more gray hair, but with our sanity intact. All the best.
  • Posted

Hi Ladies! I am new to talking about my menopausal symptoms but let me tell you...it is so refreshing to read what others are going through and that everyone is sharing and trying to find a solution. Makes me feel so much better although I wish we didn't have to experience this at all!! Part of life however I never knew. Thank you all, this really helps. Totally empowering. We can do this😊
  • Posted

Hi highlands 

Have you ever taking melatonin for sleep. 

Will this tea be safe for me to drink while i am on ativan and paxil for bed 

I take ativan 1mg in the morning 1/2mg at dinner and 1mg at bedtime, i take the paxil at bedtime with my 1mg of ativan. 

I also take 88mcg of levothyroxine, 40mg of pepcid, 100mg of losartan, 2.5mg of amlodipine, for blood pressure, vitamin d3, a multivitamin and metformin 500mg twice a day. Will the lime flower tea cause any interactions with my medications 

I would like to try the tea to see if i can sleep better do you think it will help calm my anxieties

• Posted

I really would not like to advise, lime flowers is incredibly gentle.

​I confess IMHO you are taking quite a bit, and I am not surprised that you are possibly feeling anxious.  I just wonder how your thyroid meds are been affected by everything else.  The vitamins D3 should be supporting thyroid function well.  I really, honestly have to say that I don't know about your other medication. 

​It is just possible that all these things combined are not helping.  Can you have a chat to your doctor? Are they helpful?

​Sorry I really would not like to advise  you on anything, but I will say that I would not be surprised if you are taking too much. 

The adrenal glands can become exhausted:  Just as a thought wihout wishing to cause you undue concern. 

​Please if I were you I would chat to GP.  I feel for you so much being on so many meds really.

​I am sorry I can't offer advice, I wish you well.

• Posted

Hi Susan, All the verybest with this, I hope your doctor will listen and be helpful, as they should be.  If you are worried about this, try taking someone with you for moral support. (I have done this in the past). I confess I am useless, white coat syndrome..smile

Good luck, things will improve for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.