Anxiety & sleep paralysis

Posted , 4 users are following.

The worst combo ever..if u don't know what sleep paralysis is its when u can't breath of move while your sleep so you have to force yourself some kind a way to get up from it😩😩😔

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I hate sleep paralysis! The first time I ever got it I thought I was dying because I'd never heard of it in my life. It was awful, I only get it now if I sleep in a certain position and I know it's coming so I just have to move around a bit to make it stop. Have you ever had it where you're falling into a sleep paralysis and you quickly snap out of it but you're exhausted so you close your eyes and it keeps coming back? It's horrid haha
    • Posted

Right and yes all the time..and it makes it worst cause I already feel like I'm dying also
    • Posted

That thing about being sucked back into sleep after an attack of SP is one of the defining features of sleep paralysis.
  • Posted

Oh yes - I know what sleep paralysis is! I've had it for the past 50 years, though it does get better with age. I hallucinate badly during attacks too, like a lot of people.

Not entirely convinced it's connected with anxiety, though worrying about an attack can bring one on. I don't suffer particularly from anxiety, though I do know I suppress a lot of it. Sleep paralysis often runs in families, and I inherited it from my father. He suffered severe anger management problems but I wouldn't say he was the anxious type. I get my anxious tendencies more from my mother, who suffered agonies of anxiety all her life. Possibly from having to live with my father...

• Posted

I use to have that its scary. Another thing that raises my anxieties is when you are in a deep sleep and you wake up all of a sudden that raises my heart rate to where i feel anxious at times 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.