Anxiety spike

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im nearly 3.5 weeks in to ven which i know is a short time but my anxiety seems to be through the roof this week just wondering is it the initial stage of the ven kicking in hoping for some encouragement

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was all over the place the first few weeks, I'd have a few restless anxious days and then a few where I could barely get out of bed, so I'd say whatever you're feeling is probably normal, try not to worry about it and just focus on doing things to help the anxiety. I drank a lot of camomile tea and took promethazine to help me sleep. Meditation is good too, whatever helps. If it gets unbearable then go back to the doctor and see if they can try you on a different one. Good luck x

• Posted

thanks steph im willing to give it a good go its just at the moment my anxiety is quite high but people tell me thats normal for the first few weeks hopefully see some improvements in the next week or so

• Posted

had my dose upped to 150 yesterday hopefully see some improvements soon

• Posted

hi aaron, wondering how you made out? did the side effects resolve? is the venlafaxine working well?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.