Anxiety....ssri...psychiatrist???

Posted , 2 users are following.

I been diagnosed with gad and my doctor gave me Paxil which the side effects were horrible on me and she switched me to lexapro...I haven’t takin it and I don’t know if I should. I have been on Prozac and Zoloft on the past and didn’t like how they made me feel...why do they keep trying these antidepressants when they aren’t working for me??? Should I see a psychiatrist and talk to her bout all the issues I have going on w my life and what all I been thru? And why I am the way I am today??? Idk I’m lost. Antidepressants seem to make me depressed when I’m not st all . 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey honey, your not alone. I can literally feel your frustration. Sometimes is all about "trial and error" but you will eventually find a medication that agrees with you. Unfortunately, it takes time. The medication "lexapro" keeps cropping up but I'm not sure which group of drugs it belongs to. I think it might be a good idea to consult a reputable psychiatrist. It would definitely be beneficial. Also, of course, they can prescribe medication

They may suggest trying something different, something your doctor hasn't suggested. I tend to think psychiatrists have a deeper and much more in-dept understanding of the mind, and all its working. Don't stop believing honey. Believe that you can and will feel. It's a struggle and a long journey-you'll get there, I promise. Message me anytime. This way or privately. Don't worry if I don't reply straight away. It's just, a few of us message this way. I will reply ASAP and help. I will be keeping an eye on you honey. And remember you have to believe, to achieve!!!! Donna xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.