Anxiety, stress or svt?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well hello everyone, I had my ablation 1 year ago, last 2 months I have been feeling like anxiety if another attack of svt is going to happen to me but I just feel like I can't breathe and nervous, I habe an apple watch and I'm just looking at my hear rate, sometimes Im sleeping and around 3 or 4 am at the morning I woke up feeling my heart is racing but no its just like 84 waking up from a bad nightmare, also when I drink too much beer or eat to much and I go to sleep I woke up with 95 bpm, and I see my hear rate monitor and it hoes crazy to 115 and then I keep calm and it goes down, I have seen my cardiologist and he make me an electrocardiogram and everything seems fine, also sometimes I feel like Im scared to be back on svt, but the arritmiologist doc told me that Im svt free, what do you think?

Would this be anxiety?

And stress??

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

The same thing happens to me during The night I wake up with heart racing always after a dream and only once a night or a couple times a week I'm not sure why was thinking of asking for a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea it sounds like you have some anxiety but Hun see someone about it right away before it gets out of control

• Posted

Yer or a cognitive behavioural therapist because svt causes us some real anxiety it might help to get them throughts under control if you get what I mean
    • Posted

Yes, because I havent had svt more that 120 bpm since my ablation.
  • Posted

Hi, do you find that wearing the Apple monitor reassures you?

Personally, I would never wear something like that because I would be afraid that I would become obsessed with it, and it would also make me more stressed.

I'm pretty sure my heart rate varies quite a bit depending on the circumstances. I still have some heart flutters, jitters, missed beats etc. since my ablation but I just ignore them and they cause no harm.

• Posted

Yes I was becoming obsessed, like I was feeling my heart a little bit accelerated and then I was checking my watch and then it was like 85 bpm and the I was anxious or more nervous and my bpm will go up to 95-100 bpm till I calm down again.
    • Posted

We're all different smile but if I were you I would put the heartbeat watch in a box somewhere...

• Posted

Well, 5 years after the ablation I haven't had even one episode of SVT, so whatever my heart does I don't worry that SVT is about to kick in. That has taken most of the anxiety from my life.

Anxiety seems to be such a common ailment these days, regardless of one's age.

Like most people, I do still get anxious and stressed from time to time, but I try not to take any meds for that. I did take benzos for a while when I had cancer, and they helped a lot at first, but I found them very addictive and it took months to wean myself off them gradually so I could function without them. I wouldn't recommend meds like that unless you had absolutely no choice.

Other than that I just try to stay active and distracted from thinking about worrying things. I enjoy a drink, and vape a very small amount of cannabis last thing most nights to help me sleep.

• Posted

My daughter had her ablation 10 months ago. She was told the same thing. I read about a TTT (Tilt Table Test) on this site and she asked to have the test done. She still has SVT. She felt so much better for just knowing. Ask for the test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.