Anxiety strikes again!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies!

I had a bad bout with anxiety over the past few days. I am towards the end of my cycle and had feelings of anxiety. But on top of it, I got some bothersome news in the mail. Usually, I would handle bad news relatively level-headed but because I was already feeling anxious, that information sent me over the edge with anxiety. I thought, why am I so easily upset these days? I can remember a time when I was always the one everyone came to for support. Now I can't seem to handle the slightest thing.

Does anyone else feel like it's harder to cope with things these days?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello sharcerv I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so anxious. It's typical that bad or concerning news always comes along when we are feeling low. You have been so kind and supportive to everyone on this forum. Now it's our turn to return the favour. Is it just before your period that you feel like this?
    • Posted

Yes, usually right before it starts like a few days before or the first two days into my period.
    • Posted

Premenstrual tension can be horrendous for some women and cause us to act completely out of character. I knew a lady who was married to a solicitor. His specialty was representing women who had broken the law whilst suffering from PMT. When I last spoke to her he had not lost one case! Thinking about you sharcerv and sending you hugs. Keep in touch 😘
  • Posted

Hiya Shar,

Oh my lovely I am so sorry you are feeling this way, a massive up lifting hug coming your way.

I can certainly relate to what you have written as I too have just come to the end of my cycle and normally when my period arrives my moods improves but not this time though. The week before I felt really irritated and stressed at work and my period was about 4 days late (I'm on HRT) less than a year on it and I think my own hormones have been having a little blip.

This time when my period arrived I felt good on day one and then on Day 2 & 4 I felt really anxious and got myself into a right old panic over my health.

Never was like this prior 2012 but it now seems that everything that doesn't feel right inside I just convince myself I must have something terminal and sometimes it can take a while to shake these thoughts.

It's good to talk and at least visiting this forum you will get the comfort and reassurance that you so deserve!

Be kind to yourself my lovely and go and listen to some soothing music or even have a relaxing soak in the bath and wash all those anxious thoughts away!

Joy xxx😘🌹🍷😊⛄️❄️

• Posted

Hi. I am new to this site and have been really encouraged today by all your posts. I too suffer with hideous anxiety a few days before my period starts. Last month I was so desperate my thoughts scared me but as soon as I started to bleed it was as if a huge weight had lifted. Scary what our hormones can do to us. Hang on in there x
    • Posted

Thank you for responding and welcome to this forum. You will be so happy that you've joined. It has been a blessing to me.
  • Posted

Yes!! You can have months of no anxiety then it hits you like a rock and yes I agree I too will have it where the little things will have my heart racing like the world is coming to an end ...It does happen to me alot around the time my period is here an full moons too! I feel it is also a sign of the me coming to a close with it all ....I hope..lol!!

Hang in there!!!

• Posted

Yes, I hope that this is a sign that things are ending with all of these symptoms too. I want my life back!
  • Posted

Even when I wasn't experiencing Peri symptoms, I used to recognise

sign of 'the red rage' in myself and tell myself 'Deal with that in 3 days

time/next week'!! By which time I'd deal with 'it' so much more

rationally.

I've always been a bit OTT/reactionary so don't see it as out of my norm. I sometimes actually like having a 'Victor(ia) Meldrew'-moment. Best

part of growing old is that you give less of a monkey's what you say/do/

what others think of you!!

Maybe in a few days time re-address that thing that's bothering you and

see if you deal with it differently. I wonder if you would be due a P, as the run-up to one is generally the worse time for anxiety.

• Posted

Yes, I was actually on my period when this occurred so I believe that's why it hit me like that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.