Anxiety suddenly got worse about 3 weeks ago.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but not new to the vicious cycle of anxiety. I've been diagnosed with General anxiety/panic disorder. About 3 weeks ago it decided to get worse than it's ever been. The feeling of dying lasts for days now. My symptoms include:

Dizziness

Feeling like I'm dying

Heart racing and palpitations

Chest pain/tightness

Arms and legs tingling

Nausea

Not being able to breathe/catch my breath

Vision changes, things look too bright or wrong

And the newest one, which I've come to understand may be depersonalization. I see myself in the mirror but I don't think that's me or I feel like I'm outside of my body or in a cartoon.

I've recently been to a neurologist and I have an MRI coming up after my cat scan came up clean. He diagnosed my migraines and cluster headaches as well. It seems like an oncoming migraine will trigger an anxietyattack. Those symptoms include:

Pain above my eyes, into my neck and face

Sensitivity to light and sound

Vision changes (everything goes sideways) and dizziness

I'm posting here because I'm terrified of everything that has happened to me in 3 short weeks. I feel so alone and like I'm trapped inside my body. I can't sleep anymore or eat very much. I can't get comfortable in my bed or in my skin. I just want confirmation that I'm not the only person who's dealing with these symptoms. Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You're definitely not alone. Propranolol (a beta-blocker) helps me a lot as and when I feel it's really bad. I don't tend to develop in to panic attacks (although I've had panic attacks in the past) it's more of a constant state of being on edge, not being able to fill my lungs, aches and pains around shoulders, back, neck and upper chest, tiredness and weakness. I'm too scared to exercise as I cannot seem to accept that there probably isn't anything wrong with me (except anxiety). I've had a 24hr holter monitor, several ECG's and blood tests - all came back fine. My doctor won't send me for any more tests. It seems to be worse when I'm at work, compared to when I'm at home.

• Posted

I've had blood tests and a couple ekg's done too and those were all fine. Everything came back normal so the doctors don't want to do more tests too besides the MRI but that's mostly for my migraines. I'm in the same boat as you with the constant state of panic feeling with attacks thrown in. I hate feeling like my life is out of control.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.