Anxiety support and dealing with my anxiety through speaking with fellow anxiety suffers.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name is John, I'm 28, have a partner of 7 years have 2 kids. I work in a hospital operating theatre where I see all kinds of sicknesses and illnesses witch I believe is the root to my anxiety. It all started in November 2015 with little darts in my chest witch two weeks later brought me to a&e, had all the usual tests done. Had a really bad Christmas. In the following weeks had numerous trips to my gp. The 1st of February had a really bad panic attack resulted in a trip to a&e, everything came back fine. Three weeks later had another trip to a&e with skipped heart beats and heart flutters, the cardiologist sat me down and explained that a heart attack is out of the questions as I had a very strong heart. Finally realising I had bad anxiety, went back to my gp where I started taking medication, it help but two months later I'm still having heart sensations witch are frightening, ibs, chest pain chest tightness, arm pains. Worrys about a thing that will never happen but seems to constantly on my mind. I know these are all anxiety related and are not going to kill me but my mind wonders all the time that's starts the cycle all over again. Can anyone relate to my situation with heart flutters and odd heart sensations. Anyone who can relate please leave a comment. Kind regards John.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can relate on a few levels. I too worked in nursing homes and hospital a long time ago. I saw alot. I actually  left the field over twenty something years ago. They tell you some people go through that. You developed an anxiety disorder, you might have it and it just worsened with what you have been viewing at the hospital. Classic classic signs are heart related, palps, arm getting involved. That fear rush you feel. Always smart to get a full exam (which you noted you did) of course and once cleared and you are diagnosed with anxiety important to follow up and learn cognitive behavioral therapy. If the meds arent working ask you gp about it. Many handle it without medications and many use them it depends on your health status and if they work or not. The mind is a powerful tool as you can see. You need to gain lots of knowledge about anxiety now so you can rationalize it out and have self calming tools like belly breathing, meditation, cbt, ...etc..its a beast to deal with. It does wax and wane on its own. Its a dysfunction though so can be life long but managed if you learn how. Managed means you get a adrenaline rush but it no longers scares you and you accept it and it does not recycle. Goal is eventually you have zero fear involved and dont notice them anymore. I have heard people master it completely. Mostly people manage it. Check your message box.
  • Posted

I would try not to attach yourself to work issues if possible and try to relax at home. If you can't there are other jobs or anti anxiety meds available.
  • Posted

I have anxiety too and I get heart flutters it feels like a pause in heart beat kinda
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply but just in general is it just you're heart or can you relate to the other symptoms. Like some days my chest could be fine and my arms could be aching or pains in my upper back or major stomach cramps. It's just so concerning and I'm trying to deal with it make myself unafraid but easier said than done you know 😥
    • Posted

Yes I'll get random chest pains and arm and shoulder:...pain and pressure in head and a lot more.... I don't get stomach cramps but i hear that's a symptoms too
  • Posted

Hi john,

i have the same feeling like you--you are not alone i just try ot of medicine and visit to nabt doctors but result is zero---every time i am tensed bcoz whats happening with me but believe me we are not alone there  are lot of people who are facing it but they never google it hats why they are fine and a person like you or me who google  it make it more worse for there self----3 and half year ago i have super doper heart escape beat which makes me crazy i think my heart stop beating-----then suddenly it starts------i have try alot of medicine but no thing works for me still thinking what should i do? sad

• Posted

I can relate to all these symptoms and it is anxiety.

Consider therapy to learn how to cope

Stay Strongcool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.