Anxiety symptom??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys so it's been a while I've been on this site because I've just been trying to handle things but recently I'm starting to notice something new with me and it's concerning me. Lately like maybe once a week when I'm falling asleep I noticed I'd jolt up gasping for air and it would be the scariest thing ever and it would happen like maybe 7 times in a row and sometimes is get ringing in my ear from it and maybe even start sweating and a discomforting feeling in my chest. I just wanna know if this happens to anyone else. I told my mom and she thinks it's just stress. What do you guys think?? Has this happen to any of you??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

This is common for some reason with anxiety. You are holding your breathe in fear when your body enters that twilight sensation. Too aware of yourself here. I have experienced that as well. Im not sure how to handle it but somehow you need to be less aware of it. Maybe put your tv on sleep timer and fall asleep watching tv sidetracking your thoughts?
    • Posted

I figured it was another weird anxiety symptom. I just hate when it happens rolleyes it's so scary I start to think what if my heart is just giving up as I sleep. It makes me scared to even want to sleep. But thank you for reassuring me. Thank God it doesn't happen all the time tho.

• Posted

Its a natural occurance when falling asleep but you are so aware of it thats all it is. Dont be scared to sleep. You need sleep
  • Posted

Hello

You are going through different periods of sleep, so it is quite normal. You may be also suffering Anxiety or stress

If you would feel the need to put your Worries to rest see your GP

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for your input. Maybe you're right I just get really scared when it happens because I start to think about the "what ifs" but I feel a little reassured that others experience this as well.

• Posted

Gasping for air and ringing in your ears and chest discomfort are all very common anxiety symptoms, Woah.
  • Posted

Yes, I wake up suddenly, look at the clock and both my heart and thoughts are racing. Falling asleep with tv on can help or even relaxing music.

​Are you on any medications? Are you seeing a doctor? Maybe the doctor can lead you down a path of comfort.

​You have support here. Keep posting. Sending you positive vibes. Take care.

• Posted

I'm not on medication and I don't think I want to take any anxiety medication either. But I have spoken to my doc about my symptoms and they've told me that I'm stressing too much which causes the symptoms I get. Thanks for your input tho smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.