Anxiety symptom - I’m not even sure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone 

For those who don’t suffer anxiety this post may not make sense - but pretty much anxiety can manifest in awful physical symptoms - I have been on and off medication and battle episodic anxiety attacks every bloody week! The last one. Had left me with heart burns for a week and then tonsil stones and now Globus sensation sad sounds like I would just have acid reflux but I don’t , this is a symptom of anxiety and I just want to know if anhiwn has had globus triggered due to anxiety and how did they get rid of it sad I’m starting my anti depressants again which I hope will elevate my bodies stress response and disipitate the Globus sensation , has anyone as this related to stress /anxiety sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I developed Globu s several months ago. At first doctor treated me for acid reflux . Unfortunately that made no difference. He then treated me for anxiety with anti anxiety tablets which made a very significant improvement. I also suffered along with Globu s post nasal drip. I was given a nasal spray for this. My whole Globus condition has hugely improved and most days are more or less Globu s free. I have an occasional blip but great improvement.

Keep connected with this group. Hope you soon get relief .

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reply ! How long have u been on medication if u don’t mind me asking ? I’m hopinf my medication will also improve or get rid of my Globus sensation sad so u over all belive the medication helped ? 
    • Posted

I have been on medication for 3 months. Seemingly it can take quite a while to come into effect. I do think medication has helped. Often there is no rhyme not reason to it and manifests in different ways. It can get you down but don't give up and try not to worry. It may take a wee while but I'm sure you'll get there in the end.?

• Posted

Thank you so much!! This has given me hope getting back on medication is the right thing to do , this Globus sensation is the worst symptom I’ve had and let me tell u I have had them all ! If u don’t mind sharing what medication do u take ? I’m getting back into setraline (zoloft)
    • Posted

Hi Devorgilla,  Can I ask you what nasal spray you used and how long did you use it before you noticed a difference?  I have been suffering for GS for almost 3 years.  I have been through all the test and all doctors said, it is anxiety.  I didn't know I had anxiety.  Also, there isn't a moment in time where it isn't there.  I just have such a hard time accepting this is anxiety.  I do notice that the "sensation" changes from time to time.  Sometimes it is like something is stuck in my throat so bad, other times it feels like a phlem clog in my throat , sometimes my throat feels so dry that I cough a lot.  There are other times it is so bad that I can actually feel pressure in my upper chest. Its just so awful.  I have resided to the fact that I have to live with this but I will try anything to help it subside.  Thanks for listening.  As common as I am told by my doctors this is, I have never met anyone that has it. 

Dot 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.