Skip to content
Ad

Globus Sensation

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My story and how I beat globus sensation

I made a promise that if I got better I would share my story on this discussion board in the hope that I may help someone. All the posts on here were a great comfort to me when I was experiencing this awful condition. It all happened about 8 weeks ago. I was in the theatre and just sat down to begin...

Last reply
  • globus sensation

hi for everyone suffering with globus sensation that has not had a dr find the cause yet here is some information. i just finally got diagnosed and put on medications for my disease and the sensation is going away. so here is my diagnosis. i have a thickening of the arteries in my neck especially the...

Last reply
  • Globus sensation

Is there anyone out there that has had globus sensation that feels like constant mucous your having to swallow?

Last reply
  • Would this be classed as Globus?

18months ago I had Globus which made health anxiety come on, I finally beat the anxiety without meds and was a year free of any anxiety but lately I can feel it creeping back in. My question is does anyone here with Globus have choking issues? I can swallow food and drinks fine but randomly throughout...

Last reply
  • Lumpfeeling: Do i have globus sensation?

Hi, I'm a 22 year old weightlifter who usually train frequently(before these sympthoms). and i have since 2-3 months been struggling with a Lumpfeeling in my throat with an anoying gag feeling that come and go. It also feels like you lack air when you breath so you try to take deep breaths with the...

Last reply
  • Globus for 18/19 years. I really need help.

My name is Joseph, I'm from the UK and have had Globus for most of my life now. I've had globus since I was a child (now 27). It began after I choked on a biscuit bar at school and then after that I felt sickly in my throat and I found that it would be alleviated with solid food. Initially it...

Last reply
  • mouth cancer?

I've had a white/yellow bump in my throat for now 4 weeks. Mild sore throart with it, who sort of got better with antibiotics that the GP gave me as he said it was tonsillitis. The bump is still there- seems to get bigger. I have also a feeling of having something stuch in my throat when I talk a...

Posted
  • Globus sensation small tip

I'm struggling GP 3 yrs now .. but I've found out what exactly is, recently. Im working getting out from it two months now and except the usual advices that all do something good  I can add two more that I've found extreamly reliefeing.  1.Drink warm water (not hot) and look at...

Last reply
  • sore throat, globus

I have had a globus sensation that comes and goes. Weird things have been happening since the beginning of the the year. It all started after a took some rounds of antibiotics. My neck started feeling tight around the sides. It started getting worse and after a few months, It got so tight that I went...

Last reply
  • globus sensation.

I know this topic may be dead but i just want to talk about this.I am twelve years old and I hate this sensation.It started on the third of july 2017.I was told that I would wake up at four in the morning because I was gong to a vacation.I slept at twelve midnight.At around four I had a nosebleed and...

Last reply
  • Feels like something is stuck in my throat

Okay, so.... I've been getting this feeling like something is stuck in my throat and it's really irritating. I don't know what it is. I can swallow properly and my body feels good but i've been gettin' that feeling where i feel like something is stuck in ther and i'm really scared...

Last reply
  • My experience with Globus Hystericus / Pharyngis

I hope you are sitting comfortably as it is time for me to share my experience of Globus on this sensationally helpful site that I stumbled upon that has helped me so I just had to join as even if my story helps just one person to relate to it then it has been worthwhile.. it all began November 2009...

Last reply
  • Help

Can someone help dont know if i should be posting here or on anxiety . Have a feeling of a lump in my throat . It doesnt stop me eating or drinking and the feeling comes and goes . Its there when i swallow my saliva and feel there is phlegm in my throat . My throat is not sore at all . I have a cough...

Last reply
  • Globus Hystericus cure

Had Globus Hystericus here is how I cured it . Take 1 Cetirizine tablet , its a anti hystamine , I had all allergy tests all clear. But my body was attacking itself through HEAT others can get attacked by COLD drinks . The body releases small amounts of hystamine enough to make you feel like you have...

Last reply
  • Globus?

Hi everyone I suffer with bad anxiety I am having a ultra sound Thursday on my throat but I just wanted to see if any one thinks it's what I have, I have this lump/clicking feeling in my throat, no visible lumps or swollen glands I have it on my right side and only feel it really when I'm looking...

Last reply
  • Globus Sensation ? Get Checked For This

Get checked for Hemochromatosis The extra iron builds up in several organs, especially the liver, and can cause serious damage. Without treatment, the disease can cause these organs to fail damage to the "adrenal gland" in your neck by Iron overload causing Globus Sensation also irregular heart...

Last reply
  • One way of explaining the globus phenomenon

13 May 2012 at 13:38PM On "globus". Beeing an ENT doctor for 35 years I have met very many patients, whose complaints are: "I feel a lump in my throat". I remember, some time ago, I met 5 patients in the same day, with just this problem. My view is: the very simple cause of the various...

Last reply
  • 'Lump in Throat' sensation made worse by reading & talki

Hi Everybody, I too have suffered with a 'lump in the throat' sensation for 3 years now. I've just got back from having a PH study test which was negative and now I am clutching at straws - hence looking on the internet. I won't go through my experience for the past 3 years as it sounds...

Last reply
  • Finally a cure for Globus Pharyngeal spasm

Hi friends, Two days on 2x a day 10mg Baclofen (muscle relaxant) and Globus symptoms have totally gone.. Yessssss ! A non Diazapeen cure. Diazepam 5mg worked quicker 1/2 hour but Baclofen took 3 hours to start working but today after 3 days ALL symptoms have gone. Please spread the word maybe this...

Last reply
  • WOW

I live in Texas it is 3:45 and I have only slept 4 hours in the past 3 days! This has been a plague on my life for over a year. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, also gerd A LONG TIME AGO lol. After reading through the majority of posts it's almost like the feeling just died down....

Last reply
  • Dry mouth Dry Throat

Guys, i have been living with symptoms of - Dry Mouth - Dry Throat - Constant need to lubricate throat - Bad Breath - Belching - Flatulence I am a 20 year old male, and I had bronchitis and been prescribed nasal spray for my sinuses before.  To all health professionals and non-health professionals,...

Last reply
  • Lump in throat please help .

Ate chips one night for dinner . Straight after i felt very sick . Next day i felt like i had a dry throat and had a feeling of a lump in it altho no lump visable . This lasted for about three days then went away for a day now its back again . No other symptoms apart feeling sick now and again . I can...

Last reply
  • Am I alone??? Globus and acid sensation.

I have been suffering from globus for quite some time now.  I finally went not the doctor, with symptoms of glous and acid in the throat and mouth, but not reflux, or heartburn.  The doctor diagnosed me as simply having globus.  he also said that globus, itself, can manifest itself in...

Last reply
  • Lump in the throat feeling, medications?

My doctor, after all the tests, has decided that the lump in the throat feeling is caused by anxiety, stress. He prescribed 10 mg of desipramine, an anti-anxiety medication which I do not want to take. Has anyone else taken this medication? Did it work for you to end the lump feeling? How long did you...

Last reply
  • Horrid throat condition

I've been suffering with some horrible throst symptoms. My throat will one minute feel really dry at the back of my nose where it meets my throat, just under my vocal chords in my trachea and then centrally in my chest. I also get severe tightness in my windpipe just under my vocal chords. It feels...

Last reply
  • My Globus sensation cure

Hi everyone, I hope this post may help other sufferers of globus, a horrible, life-ruining condition.. I started having the global sensation in October 2016, so 6 months ago, it has literally ruined my life every day being worried about what was wrong with me and not making much progress with doctors....

Posted
  • My experience - globus hystericus\pharyngis

hello everybody , 4 years ago i got the globus feeling for the first time when i was 17 years ago . i was in the school's cafeteria and as always eating with friends and suddenly got the awful globus feeling accompanied with repetitive gag reflex . it was very uncomfortable and i couldnt talk or...

Last reply
  • Globus = Nausea and Breathing

I suffer from Acid Reflux therefore have to put up with Globus Sensation. The sensation of the lump in my throat causes nausea and sometimes the feeling of not being able to breathe. I have many varied symptoms of Reflux but the Globus is definitely the most uncomfortable. With the 'lump' present,...

Last reply
  • Feeling down not eat anything other then soup for a year

Got diagnosed march last year with inflammation of the stomach lining, was put on Lansoprazole 30mg which I am still taking. I am finding it difficult to eat anything solid because of a fear of choking, I am living off tomato soup, yoghurt and can sometimes manage mashed potato with gravy. I feel so...

Last reply
    Could anyone as speak to the location of their gh symptoms? Mine are always right side upper back of throat. Waiting on ent appointment next week. Very scared as it is hard to believe something this physical feeling could be anxiety as my GP states. Any feedback would be be greatly appreciated....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.