Please Help Me Identify (Possible Globus or Cancer)

Posted , 1 user is following.

So Ill try to be straight informative as possible. I am 36. I have smoked cigs for 18 years. Recently quite heavy for a short time. In those 18 years I never experienced this till now. I smoked heavy during a high stress week, to a point where I had a few bad inhales and gagged on the smoke in my throat. Some days later all the sudden I notice I have the feeling of a lump in my throat. I stopped smoking. It came on suddenly I think as I feel that it seems large and I didnt notice it creeping up. Didnt notice it till after the heavy smoking week .

Symptoms

Feeling of object in throat that cannot remove

Feels possibly mobile at times

Aches and hurts briefly on occasion , slight tingle sensation and tightness pain

Seems to be better in the morning and gets worse throughout the day til bed

Feels like my head and ears is hot and my ear holes are aching if that makes sense

SO FAR breathing is ok for now and swallowing

it has been 2-3 weeks

Side Note: Weakened immune system this year, staph infection

I'm worried I have throat cancer. Like really worried. I am not wealthy and have no insurance. Can you temporarily damage your throat and have these feelings?? All the globus things I read say no pain and painless.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.