Globus

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.

I have been suffering from globus for over a year (constant).

Been to all the doctors, isn't helping.

I wonder: is this anxiety related?

because, before i had globus, i had loads of other vague physical symptoms that went away when my system forgot about them.

my aunt also had the feeling for months, but in time, as she learned to relax, took medication and distracted herself it went away.

but.. i have read someone comment on here saying that your mucous has changed 'forever' and you will always feel it now. that's not the case i hope?

greetings

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i want to add this: nothing works for me EXCEPT oxazepam. it's still there when i use it, but just more in the backgrond and doesn't burn or sting.

is this because it suppresses anxiety or because it loosens up the muscles?

• Posted

Hello,

as far as I know, which is not a lot, Oxazepam could work in both ways, reducing anxiety and also relaxing the muscles. But you surely know more about that than me.

Globus is such a nasty problem because it is in almost all cases worsened by anxiety and fear. Everybody knows that feeling, and those who regularly suffer from it make the observation that stress increases the gravity of symptoms noticeably. This does not have to mean that the cause is psychic.

Of course I do not really know your case and circumstances, but one thing you wrote, symptoms going away when forgetting about them (not paying attention), might point into this direction. On the other hand, some physical problems also seem to disappear when the mind is somewhat absent. But I am in no way an expert, just trying to help with what is available in terms of knowledge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.