Globus Sensation at 23 years old for 3 weeks, I am so worried?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 23 years old and I kept getting this feeling of a ball in my throat on and off early December. I went to the doctor and he suggested a tonsil stone. I was unsure. His guess was wrong. I noticed that the feeling of being slightly choked was more so than ever. He did a strep test and it came back negative.

I went back to another primary doctor and she was like well, let's do an allergy panel. I am still not allergic to anything food wise.

The primary ordered an ENT referral for January 18th, 2024. She also ordered a barium swallow for April, 24th, 2024. I went a little annoyed because that is 5 months from now.

I've had this sensation for weeks now. I don't have pain swallowing. My throat doesn't feel all that painful. The muscle feels extremely tight.

Starting 3 days ago, I started burping like wet burps which is sooooo nasty and I also told my doctor that. My doctor was like maybe you have GERD and it's causing the reflux. I don't know what else to do. I am not in any pain.

The lump in my throat feels like it moves around? sometimes, it is on the right more and sometimes the left more or in the middle of my neck.

I am diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I am not on medication for it.

I had proposed I go to the ER, but where I live it would take 24 hours to be seen. I also don't think they'd be able to do much because there's no issues apart from the feeling.

I am worried I have an esophageal stricture, though the odds of this are supposedly 1.1 per 10,000 persons. I am also quite young. Why would a stricture just appear out of nowhere without any signs?

While having this feelings of a ball or lump in the throat, I've been quick to have straight up no warning panic attacks all the sudden. I've not had those for 3 years. I mean this is straight up hysterics. I plan on going to therapy incase this is caused by anxiety disorder alone. I do have a severe anxiety disorder that actually disables me from keeping a job, functioning like a normal person. I also in the past, have p****d off most of my peers and family because I am constantly thinking I am going to die.

I am driven by this idea that I am going to die because my throat feels weird.

Anyone else understand what I mean?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.