Globus after covid

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive had a globus sensation for the past 8 weeks i had covid almost 5 months ago i have tried steroids zyxal for two weeks and also pepcid for acid reflux i dont know how to make it stop

will a antibiotic help? will it feel better in warmer weather?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi, i have been dealing with the same issue for 2 years now. started in september 2019, 6 months before covid . i got a cold from my brother and never been right since . i been told it was acid reflux also. been given meds and still im dealing with this problem to this day . it makes me feel better to know people are dealing with the same illness as me . have you ever figured out what going on with you ?

• Edited

My globus sensation started in 1998. My experience with globus is that for a long time the sensation would lessen and other other times it would feel more intense. The sensation move from one side of the back of my throat to the other. I can say that worrying about it can made it worse and going on with my life and ignoring it made it feel a lot better. i would even forget it was there. i did have acid reflux and I sometimes had anxiety which contributes to globus , at least from what I read on line. what I ate was also a factor. over eating and greasy foods made it so bad at times that i had to just sit until the globus sensation settled down.

Back then the intensity varied from day to day based on worry or stress and what I ate. keeping calm was a very big factor in controlling the Globus along with a healthy lifestyle change. seeing the doctor about acid reflux was helpful as well. after many years of focusing on living my life and moving on, the globus gradually went away. it was off and on for a while then one day I happen to notice it was gone. it was like that for years until this morning when i woke up with acid reflux. im overweight I don't eat well and the acid reflux has returned, and with it the globus. im confident that losing weight and eating better will get rid of the globus again, but in the mean time i will not let it consume my life. i have better things to do.

its 5am and im still groggy so please forgive my long message and punctuation. if you have any questions please feel free to message. when i started with globus it was almost unheard of. I had nobody to ask and the ENT had no answer for it back in the 90's. i know it can feel scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.