Bad health anxiety from GERD

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've seen dealing with food feeling constantly stuck in my esophagus almost everyday where my health anxiety makes me want to go to the ER, whenever I feel the sensation since I feel like I might die if I don't get help right away. I've been in the ER for so many times when this happens and when they do x-rays on me, they don't find anything stuck and I would feel embarrassed for wasting their time. Yesterday I just got diagnosed with acid reflux from my ENT doctor and he gave me a prescription to take omperazole 40mg for two weeks and to go see him, once two weeks passed. Today I ate some white bread and it feels like a piece is stuck in the middle of my throat, I could eat and drink just fine, but the sensation is driving me crazy and it's making me have anxiety since it happened right after I finished eating my meal. Usually my globus sensation changes location on where I feel like the food is stuck at, it would mostly be on the left and right side of my throat and sometimes middle. Does anyone else struggle with both health anxiety and globus sensation? I'm still new to dealing with this and I would like some advice on what I can do. It seems like whole grains definitely trigger the sensation the most.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.